Are you interested in yoga, yet find that you are not getting the results you desire? There are so many different yoga options out there – sessions at a yoga studio, group classes at the local gym, and TONS of online videos and DVDs that you can do in the comfort of your own home. I decided to try Zoe Cotton’s the Yoga Burn for Women Video Series.
If your goal is to feel good and look good, then Yoga Burn could be the answer you are looking for. The series is a three-phase program that was designed by Zoe Bray-Cotton, a certified yoga instructor, personal trainer, and female fitness expert. But can this series of yoga videos really get you into the shape you desire? Let’s find out.
- What is Unique about Yoga Burn?
- The Yoga Burn Story
- A Glance into the Video Series
- Yoga Burn Phase One – Foundational Flow
- Yoga Burn Phase Two – Transitional Flow
- Yoga Burn Phase 3 – Mastery Flow
- My Thoughts on Yoga Burn for Women Video Series
- Notable Positives of the Program:
What is Unique about Yoga Burn?
The Yoga Burn for Women series is specifically designed to help you lose weight while shaping and toning your body. It is a 12-week program that allows you to gradually progress as your body becomes more flexible and adaptable to the different postures. Each week there are three different videos to complete. To see results, you must complete each one at least once every week. However, you can do them more than once in a week to speed up your results.
This program uses something called Dynamic Sequencing to help deliver results. Dynamic Sequencing teaches you how to perform each posture, then as your body begins to get used to it, the level of challenge is increased. This keeps the exercises interesting, and more importantly, helps to reshape your body.
The Yoga Burn Story
Zoe Bray-Cotton developed this series of videos after spending over a decade working in some of the top gyms around the country. What she discovered with most yoga programs, especially in gyms, is that they do not grow and build along with you.
Many of the available yoga programs are designed to accommodate people with varying levels of skills. They are often too difficult for some people, and too easy for others. And even if you are at the skill level of the instruction, it generally doesn’t grow or improve as you do – because it is designed for the masses. So, your yoga workout essentially stays stagnant.
You could find a yoga DVD to practice, but once your body adapts to the postures, what’s next? Workout with a private yoga instructor? That can get expensive. So, Zoe decided to create a workout routine designed to help women get in the best shape of their lives while reaping the calming, healthy benefits of yoga.
A Glance into the Video Series
Yoga Burn for Women series is a 12-week program that is divided into a three-part series. This series can be purchased for only $47. Or, if you have a friend or family member to do the series with you, you can purchase two sets of the series for only $67. These prices may not last long, especially as Yoga Burn continues to gain popularity.
In this series, each part is a building block for the next and to get the results you are looking for, you must follow the instructions and complete each part as recommended. There is an introductory video, plus three workouts. You’ll repeat the workouts each week until moving on to the next phase.
You’ll also receive some great bonus videos to help you get in the fittest shape of your life. These include:
- The Tranquility Flow video – to help you feel calm and peaceful.
- The Beginner Flow video – for those who are new to yoga, recovering from an injury, or childbirth.
- Tips and Tools video – to help you get the most out of your workouts.
- Pose Tutorials video – to walk you through the proper way to do each posture in the videos.
If, for any reason you are not happy with this series, you can get your money back within the first 60 days.
Want to know more? Let’s look closer at what you’ll get in this series.
Yoga Burn Phase One – Foundational Flow
The first part, which you will do for four weeks includes an introductory video plus three exercise videos. Each video is 15 minutes long but repeats two more times – for a total workout of 45 minutes. Zoe recommends doing the sequences consecutively to get the desired results. This series of videos includes:
- Familiar movements to get you warmed up like sun salutations, swan dives, and planks (Workout 1).
- Great stretches to increase flexibility like hamstring stretches and lunges, plus belly flattening moves. (Workout 2).
- Simple, safe, yet effective moves like Warrior 1 and Warrior 2 (Workout 3).
Each of the workouts in this phase is easy to do without putting excessive strain on your body. They are also designed to enhance your metabolism. However, results after this phase are relatively minor.
Yoga Burn Phase Two – Transitional Flow
In Yoga Burn Phase Two, there is another video from Zoe introducing you to this phase, followed by three workout videos. Like phase one, each video consists of a 15-minute routine that you will repeat three times for a 45-minute workout each day. This phase is where you begin using the moves you’ve already learned in a sequence to burn calories and release stress. This phase includes moves like:
- Fluid postures such as chaturanga and downward dog to get you moving. (Workout 1).
- Core strengthening moves like push-ups and star balance poses. (Workout 2).
- Tummy tightening moves like dolphin and double leg raise. (Workout 3).
You will move quicker than in the first phase, and the exercises are more challenging, but at this point, your body is ready for more and you’ll begin to notice more of a change in your body.
Yoga Burn Phase 3 – Mastery Flow
Phase 3 of the Yoga Burn series combines all of the moves from the last two months into a challenging yoga sequence that really fires up your body, builds definition, and speeds up your metabolism. Again, each video is a 15-minute series of exercises that you repeat two additional times for a 45-minute workout. It includes body shaping postures like:
- Lower body moves like lunges and sumo squats (Workout 1).
- Upper body strengthening exercises including variations on pushups and planks (Workout 2).
- Various fluid movements that flow seamlessly from upper to core to lower body exercises (Workout 3).
By the time you’ve successfully completed this phase, you can expect to see a true transformation in the shape of your body.
Free Bonus #1: Tranquility Flow Video
In addition to the collection of workout videos in this series, you’ll also receive the Tranquility Flow video as a bonus. This video is designed to help get you into a “yoga” state of mind – peaceful, calm, and relaxed. In this 15-minute video, Zoe guides you through a series of restorative postures to relax your body and mind.
Free Bonus #2: Beginner Flow Video
Even though the first phase of the Yoga Burn series is fairly easy, it still may be difficult for some people, particularly those who are brand new to yoga or are recovering from an injury or pregnancy. This 45-minute video includes 30 minutes of slow moving, simple yoga postures to relax, center, and acquaint (or reacquaint) your body with yoga plus 15 minutes of rest and relaxation.
Free Bonus #3: Tips and Tools
This bonus is a two-and-a-half-minute collection of tips and tools that Zoe shares to help you get the most out of your Yoga Burn videos. She discusses where to workout, when to workout, when to eat, and how to breathe to really maximize the health benefits of your workouts.
Free Bonus #4: Pose Tutorials
This last bonus is a real gem! It provides step-by-step tutorials on how to do the various poses that you’ll see throughout the videos. Since you may know how to do some postures, but need support on others, this video allows you to watch only the ones that you need. So, you can view them all, or only a few – your choice! Some of the poses featured in this tutorial include:
- Warrior 1,2, and 3
- Side Angle
- Wide-legged forward fold
- And much more….
Each video lasts around 45 seconds to two minutes, depending on the complexity of the pose.
My Thoughts on Yoga Burn for Women Video Series
Overall, this is a great, highly effective workout series – if you stick to it. Zoe holds true to her promise to start slow and build upon each series of postures. She mixes it up for dynamic sequencing and by the time you complete the workout, you will see results.
- It may start out too easy for some women. If you are already familiar with yoga and are somewhat fit, the first month may feel boring – which could be a deterrent for sticking with the program.
- Background scenery. While some of the videos have beautiful backdrops, there are a few of them that are not as appealing, especially in the first phase. There is a river in the background and apparently a road on the other side of the river with cars that occasionally pass by. This can be distracting, so try to stay focused on Zoe and know that the scenes do get better as you delve deeper into the series.
- What’s next? This video series is focused strictly on the 12-week program and nothing else. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but there is no mention of how to eat while doing the series of videos, or how to use these videos for maintenance once you have completed the program.
Notable Positives of the Program:
- The routines. Despite a few drawbacks, this is truly a great yoga workout series, especially for those who are new to yoga, or only somewhat familiar. It builds upon the skills in each phase, plus you repeat exercises in each phase allowing you to really get the hang of them before moving on.
- The bonuses. Zoe provides you with all the tools that you need to successfully complete the Yoga Burn workout series. You can start with the beginner video if you need a little extra help to get started, you can do the transitional video to refocus, or even watch the tutorials if you are struggling to learn a posture.
- Zoe is truly a pleasure to work out with. She has a calm, soothing voice and as you work out with her, you truly believe that she’s interested in helping you achieve your fitness goals. And it is important to like your instructor if you plan to spend the next three months working out with her!
If you want a workout routine that is good for your both your body and mind, then you will love this 12-week program. It is not complicated, it builds on skills in each phase, and it truly delivers results.
Final Verdict: 4 1/2 Stars