If you follow cooking trends, health trends, or even diet trends, then you’ve probably heard of the Paleo diet, aka the “caveman” diet. And while it has been praised countless times for transforming the lives and health of people, there is also a big complaint – it’s hard to follow.
Why? Because it requires that we eat real food. Not food out of a can or box or jar – the real stuff. And sadly, most of us are so used to eating convenient, easy to prepare food, that switching over to a diet that requires more work for every single meal is tough!
Let’s face it, most of us are just too busy, too tired, or perhaps even too lazy to put in the extra effort. So, maybe we find a few simple to prepare paleo dishes and make them over and over….and over. And then we are bored.
The Paleo Hacks Cookbook acknowledges the fact that even though there are so many positive benefits to this way of eating, very few of us will stick with it. So, the purpose of this cookbook is to make this transformational shift in eating as easy as possible for you and me to follow!
It does this using simple, nutritious recipes that are so easy, even a 6th grader could recreate them – so that when you get this cookbook, you have no excuse for sticking to it. Considering the benefits of this way of eating, this is great news! So, the question is, does it deliver? Are these recipes easy and tasty enough to motivate the average person to stick to this diet? Let’s find out in my review of the Paleo Hacks Cookbook.
- The Benefits of Paleo Cooking
- The Paleo Hacks Cookbook Story
- A Glance Inside the Paleo Hacks Cookbook
- The Paleo Hacks Cookbook Part 2
- Free Bonus #1: The Paleo Hacks 30-Day Jumpstart
- Free Bonus #2: The Eating Paleo at Restaurants Guide
- Free Bonus #3: The Paleo Foods and Fails Guide
- Free Bonus #4: The Paleo 4x Cookbook
- Free Bonus #5: The One Month Paleo Meal Plan
- My Impressions of the Paleo Hacks Cookbook
The Benefits of Paleo Cooking
If you aren’t completely familiar with the Paleo diet, it’s a diet that focuses on eating nutritious, natural foods and eliminating the “junk” and foods with hidden toxins from your diet. You can eat things like meat, fruits, vegetables, and nuts – things your Paleo ancestors would have eaten. But you must avoid grains, dairy, beans, processed foods, etc.
Sound difficult? Perhaps – if you don’t have the right recipes to use. But if you do, then the benefits are numerous! By following the Paleo diet, you can enjoy things like:
- Weight loss and stronger, lean muscles.
- More energy and stamina.
- Thicker hair and clearer skin.
- Greater mental clarity.
- A stronger immune system.
These are just a few of the benefits…. if you can stick to the diet. And that is where the Paleo Hacks Cookbook promises to help.
The Paleo Hacks Cookbook Story
This cookbook is a great collaboration between the team from Paleo Hacks and Chef Samantha – who specializes in creating nutritious, delicious paleo dishes. Their purpose with this cookbook was to find a way to help people not only discover but stick to Paleo eating.
They’ve seen so many people, including themselves, benefit from this lifestyle. Yet, they’ve also seen so many people fail at it – simply because it was difficult to follow. But not anymore, with the Paleo Hacks Cookbook.
A Glance Inside the Paleo Hacks Cookbook
Paleo Hacks Cookbook is a two-part digital cookbook. The cookbook is temporarily available for only $12.95. Otherwise, you’ll pay $50 (which is still a pretty good deal considering everything that you’ll get).
So, what do you get for this low, low price?
First, you’ll receive a 2-part Paleo cookbook that includes over 100 easy-to-follow recipes in virtually every category you need to successfully stick to a Paleo diet. Categories include snacks, soups, salads, meats, omelets, and deserts. It also includes special categories like sandwiches and pasta. (Didn’t think you could eat those on a Paleo diet, did you?)
Additionally, you will receive some really nice bonuses to make your Paleo lifestyle as simple to stick to as possible. These bonuses include:
- The Paleo Hacks 30-Day Jumpstart to kickstart your Paleo journey, a $27 value.
- The Paleo Foods and Paleo Fails Guide gives you a complete list of Paleo-friendly foods, their seasonality, and even a shopping list! A $27 value.
- Eating Paleo at Restaurants to help keep you on track even when you eat out. This book even includes ways to avoid foods with hidden gluten or dairy in them, a $27 value.
- The Paleo 4x Cookbook which contains 65 easy Paleo recipes that only have four ingredients each! A $27 value.
- The Paleo One Month Meal Plan to take all the delicious recipes included in the cookbook and turn them into an easy to follow meal plan for you – so you don’t have to think about what to make! A $27 value.
While the makers of The Paleo Hacks Cookbook are confident that you’ll love it, there is a 60-day money back guarantee in case for some reason you don’t.
The Paleo Hacks Cookbook kicks things off with simple Paleo snacks to help curb those cravings in-between meals. Some of the recipes include:
- Crispy, savory treats like Garlic Crackers (page 8) and Poppy Seed Crackers (page 9).
- Delicious dips including Baba Ghanoush (page 12) and Pistachio Dip (page 15).
- Healthy veggie treats such as Oven Toasted Cauliflower (page 17) and Zucchini Meatballs (page 18).
Tasty, tempting salad recipes to fill you up and keep you on track include:
- Fresh, simple salads like Crunchy Tuna Salad (page 22) and Veggie Side Salad (page 25).
- Meaty, satisfying salads such as Sesame Coated Tuna Salad (page 21) and Meat Lovers Salad (page 23).
- Flavorfully unique salad recipes including Orange Tahini Cabbage Salad (page 27) and Sweet Potato and Chicken Salad (page 32).
If you love the taste of nourishing and comforting soups, then you’ll enjoy these simple, scrumptious recipes including:
- Beautifully green Spinach and Asparagus Soup (page 46) and Broccoli Soup (page 51).
- Satisfyingly sweet soups like Carrot & Ginger Soup (page 44) and Sweet Potato & Pear Soup (page 48).
- Warm and hearty Meatball Minestrone (page 54) and Roasted Pumpkin & Basil Soup (page 57).
The Meats section of this cookbook includes a variety of meat-based dishes using beef, poultry, and lamb. A sampling of these healthy delicious recipes includes:
- Spicy poultry recipes such as Hot & Zesty Chicken (page 61) and Moroccan Chicken Skewers (page 63).
- Sensational beef-based meals including Beefy Mushroom Goulash (page 64) and Stir-Fried Beef & Cashews (page 65).
- Luscious lamb dishes like Lamb & Bacon Balls (page 66) and Lamb & Mushroom Skewers (page 74).
This cookbook also includes a variety of tasty fish dishes such as:
- Thai Cabbage with White Fish (page 78) and White Fish with Mushrooms & Turmeric (page 80)
- Lemon Dill Swordfish with Grilled Sweet Potato Fingers (page 82) and Lemon & Parsley Baked Cod (page 81).
- Prosciutto & Onion Wrapped Fish (page 79) and Fish & Pine Nut Cakes (page 77).
Eggs are an essential part of Paleo cooking, plus they are really easy to make. This cookbook has an entire section devoted to this staple food with delicious recipes like:
- “Veggie-licious” dishes such as Sweet Potato and Spinach Omelet (page 88) and Zucchini Omelet (page 85).
- Hearty, filling omelets including Thai Chicken Omelet (page 86) and Smoked Salmon Omelet (page 87).
These are just a small sample of delicious recipes that you’ll find in this cookbook. You can also find a variety of tempting, tasty desserts, and so much more!
And that’s not all. In addition to your cookbook, you’ll also receive the following:
The Paleo Hacks Cookbook Part 2
This fabulous cookbook includes two digital downloads chocked full of recipes! Part 2 of the Paleo Hacks Cookbook includes additional tasty Paleo recipes in the categories of snacks, soups, salads, meats, seafood, omelets, and desserts, PLUS it includes additional categories like:
Sometimes you need variety, and this cookbook delivers. Enjoy tasty breakfast treats like:
- Basil & Walnut Scramble (page 128).
- Salmon & Zucchini Fritters (page 131).
- Lemon Pancakes (page 136).
Would you believe you can enjoy focaccia on a Paleo diet? You can with these tasty recipes:
- Flaxseed Focaccia (page 139).
- Olive & Rosemary Focaccia Topping (page 141).
- Chicken & Avocado Salad Sandwich (page 142).
Part 2 of this great Paleo cookbook even includes condiments – to help you avoid those hidden ingredients you should avoid in the store-bought versions. For example:
- Mayonnaise (page 149).
- Pesto (page 150).
Free Bonus #1: The Paleo Hacks 30-Day Jumpstart
This bonus book helps you start off on the right foot with your Paleo lifestyle. It includes things like:
- Paleo diet basics (page 3).
- 10 steps for success (page 8).
- A journal for recording your thoughts (page 14).
Free Bonus #2: The Eating Paleo at Restaurants Guide
Eating out can sabotage your Paleo plan, but it doesn’t have to. This 15-page guide gives you important pointers and tips so that you can eat out Paleo-style and enjoy it! In this guide you’ll discover:
- Why you shouldn’t show up to restaurants hungry (page 3).
- The importance of staying hydrated (page 4).
- Tips for planning ahead (page 7).
Free Bonus #3: The Paleo Foods and Fails Guide
This bonus guide provides a comprehensive breakdown of Paleo-friendly meats, fruits, vegetables, herbs, etc. It also shows you what is in season at different times of year to help make your planning a breeze.
Free Bonus #4: The Paleo 4x Cookbook
This 40-page bonus cookbook makes Paleo cooking (and shopping) as easy as it gets! Each recipe includes only four ingredients and is simple to make. Some examples include:
- Honey-spiced Baby Carrots (page 4).
- Melon Chili Salad (page 13).
- Mushroom & Prosciutto Skewers (page 19).
- Moroccan Roast Chicken (page 23).
- And much more….
Free Bonus #5: The One Month Paleo Meal Plan
Finally, to help you take all this great information and put it together, you’ll also receive a bonus one-month meal plan. It includes recipes for every meal plus page numbers, so you can find them easily for your first 30 days! You may like this plan so much that you do it over again once you’ve finished it.
My Impressions of the Paleo Hacks Cookbook
Overall, this is a great, comprehensive Paleo cooking plan. The intent of this series is to make Paleo cooking easy and accessible so that you will stick to it. And this book delivers. There is plenty of variety so that you are never bored, and some really tasty dishes! You get a wealth of information for very little money and a money-back guarantee if you aren’t happy with it. Given its great benefits, and discounted low price, is it worth it? Absolutely. However, there are a few things to be aware of.
We’re Not Fond Of:
- The distribution of recipes in Parts 1 and 2. Since the categories are almost the same (with a few additions in part 2), it would have made more sense to group all like recipes together. For example, put all snacks, soups, and meats in part 1 and include omelets, breakfast, focaccias and desserts in part 2. Instead, you must search through similar categories in two separate digital books.
- Lack of food photos. There are some photos, but more would have been nice, especially in the two main cookbooks.
- Paleo-ish. If you are looking for a hardcore, Whole30-type Paleo cookbook, then this may not be the plan for you…in fact, you may read in horror that the author lists sugar as an ingredient for the candied pecans – so Whole30 fans proceed with caution.
- The recipes. Overall, these are fantastic and flavorful recipes. They offer variety and are simple to put together. So, if you are trying to shift to a Paleo plan, this is one you can actually stick with!
- The 4-ingredient recipes. Again, the authors’ mission is simple – to make Paleo easy for anyone. These recipes don’t require a lot of work or shopping to create. So for that reason, we love them!
- The bonus books. The bonus books included in this package really “seal the deal” for creating an easy-to-follow Paleo plan. With a recipe guide, tips and pointers to jumpstart your plan, plus a 30-day menu already devised for you, these books are a great bonus to an already good deal.
This cookbook may not be as strict as others, but that is part of its genius. It invites anyone and everyone to experience the many health benefits of a Paleo diet in an easy and simple-to-follow format. The recipes are great, and the additional tips and bonuses are invaluable.
Final Verdict: 4 Stars