Have you tried different diets and cookbooks to lose weight? How’d they work out for you? Often, even with the best intentions to follow the plan, we still struggle to lose the weight on certain diets. The recipes may be complicated and use hard-to-find ingredients, or they may simply be unstructured leaving you questioning just how to use them.
Metabolic Cooking author, Karine Losier, decided it was time to do something about this. She feels strongly that her plan is simple and easy to follow, and that the meals are fantastic. She provides real-world advice and tips so that you can get the most bang for your buck when cooking for weight loss. So, does her plan deliver well on its promises? This article includes a full review of my experience using the Metabolic Cooking Cookbook.
==> Click here to see the cookbook
Benefits of Metabolic Cooking
So, what exactly is metabolic cooking? And how does it work?
Metabolic cooking is a plan that is designed to boost your metabolism so that your body burns more fat. Yes, by eating certain foods and food combinations, you can help speed up the fat-burning process. It is called the thermogenic effect. And it has to do with how many calories you’ll burn as your body breaks down the nutrients when you eat certain foods.
Do you see how this can benefit your weight loss goals? By eating the right foods to kick-start your metabolism, you can speed up the fat loss process, reaching your weight goal faster. And since the recipes are tasty and easy to make, you can keep the weight off too (if you keep eating this way).
Metabolic Cooking Story
Self-proclaimed “lean kitchen queen”, Karine Losier, has set out to turn the dieting cookbook industry upside down with her Metabolic Cooking plan. Karine is a psychologist who, after hearing so many stories of people struggling with their weight, decided it was time to do something about. Combining her passion for people and love of food and fitness, Karine and her partner, David Ruel (also known as “the muscle chef”), created the Metabolic Cooking plan.
What is included in the Cookbook?
Metabolic Cooking includes 250 different recipes and can be downloaded for only $10 – if you act fast.
Inside, you’ll receive a 9-part cookbook loaded with 250 “metabolicious” recipes for breakfast, snacks, sides, main course meats, fish, and poultry, as well as smoothies and vegetarian options. As a bonus, you’ll also receive The Fat Loss Optimizer Guide with detailed information about metabolic cooking and how to optimize your plan for maximum results.
Plus, you’ll get two more delicious recipe bonus books – one for making metabolicious salads and one for seasonings (which we’ll go into more detail about later in this review). And to make things as simple as possible for you, there is a fourth bonus – The Metabolic Cooking Quick Sheets to help you find recipes, make shopping lists, and print your daily food log.
The recipes are easy to follow and each one includes important nutrition information like the number of calories, protein, carbs, and fat.
Plus, there is also a 60-day money back guarantee, so there is no risk to give it a try!
==> Click here to see the cookbook
After explaining the role of breakfast for quick weight loss, this cookbook lists 20 different nutritious and delicious breakfast options including:
- Tasty pancake recipes like Apple Oatmeal Pancakes (page 4) and Blueberry Protein Pancakes (page 9).
- Hearty egg dishes like Pizza Omelet (page 15) and Huevos Mexicanos (page 19).
- Creamy comfort foods like Chocolate French Toast (page 11) and Almond Butter Cup Oatmeal (page 20).
- Protein-packed treats like Creamy Peach Oatmeal (page 6) and Spinach Egg Wrap (page 26).
This part of the Metabolic Cooking cookbook includes 30 different side dishes to accompany your meals. They use high-quality ingredients, and the first 15 recipes are called “Free Veggie-sides”, which means there are no serving limits or calorie counting for these.
Some of the “Free Veggie-side” recipes are:
- Tempting broccoli dishes like Broccoli Dijon (page 6) and Lemon Broccoli (page 13).
- Warm and nourishing sides like Baked Eggplant and Bell Pepper (page 5) and Quick Zucchini Soup (page 14).
- Spicy treats like Curried Eggplant (page 5) and Ginger Mustard Green Beans (page 9).
In addition to the veggie-sides, the cookbook also includes Carbo-sides that use only the best carbohydrates so that you can enjoy them without the guilt. However, with these, there is a limit to how much you can enjoy. Some of the recipes include:
- Easy-to-make sides like Ginger Chick Peas (page 24) and Quick Mint-Dill Bulgar Salad (page 31).
- Delicious potato dishes such as Curried Sweet Potatoes (page 22) and Rosemary Roasted Potatoes (page 33).
- Ethnic delights including Cuban Black Beans (page 21) and Spanish Rice (page 34).
Yes, red meat is included in this cookbook! Some people avoid it because it is often associated with dieting. However, it’s not all bad. Enjoy tasty red meat recipes such as:
- Scrumptious steak recipes like Argentina-Style Steak (page 10) and Steak Au Poivre (page 19).
- Flavorful Asian inspired dishes like Chop Suey Hamburg (page 13) and Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps (page 25).
- Homestyle favorites such as Beef Roast with Apples (page 4) and Smothered Burgers (page 18).
Chicken & Poultry
While chicken and other poultry dishes are common in the dieting world, Karine and David have spiced things up with new and flavorful ways to enjoy them. Each of these recipes is easy to make and designed to kick-start your weight loss. Try things like:
- Metabolic Turkey Muffins (page 9) and Metabolic “Fried” Chicken Fingers (page 10).
- Sensational stir fries including Chicken Almond Stir Fry (page 27) and Thai Basil Chicken Stir Fry (page 28).
- Spicy Peanut Chicken (page 16) or Super Spicy Citrus Chicken (page 17).
Metabolic cooking isn’t just for meat eaters. Vegetarians (and anyone who wants to take a break from meat) can enjoy nutritious and delicious new recipes too. While Karine and David openly admit that this is not their area of expertise, they called in a chef who is. And with his help, created some fantastic vegetarian dishes including:
- Creative sandwiches like Egg Salad Sandwich (page 13) or the “TLT” made with tempeh, lettuce and tomato (page 14).
- Whole grain goodness from meals like Baked Banana Nut Oatmeal (page 10) and Quinoa Burritos (page 18).
- Deliciously rich dishes like Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili (page 6) or Peanut Butter Nut Fudge (page 13).
What is great about this cookbook is that you are encouraged to snack! And when you see some of these tasty treats, that shouldn’t be a problem. Some of the great recipes include:
- Fruity favorites like Strawberry Parfait (page 6) and Apple Oats Snack Bars (page 7).
- Savory treats like Herbed Eggs (page 13) and Quick Protein Guacamole (page 15).
- Rich and creamy snacks like Greek Banana Pudding (page 5) and Double Almond Cottage Cheese (page 12).
Inside this cookbook, you’ll find many more great recipes. There are also sections for Pork, Fish & Seafood, and even some sensational Smoothies!
==> Click here to the official website of the product
And that’s not all. In addition to your cookbook, you’ll also receive the following:
Free Bonus #1: The Fat Loss Optimizer Guide
This handy guide goes into more detail about the reasons behind this method and even includes special sections covering food basics, the rules of metabolic cooking, and how you can become a metabolic cook. You’ll learn great tips like:
- How to properly prepare your food (page 53).
- What supplies you need for your kitchen (page 56).
- Helpful money saving tips (page 57).
Free Bonus #2: The Metabolic Salad Builder and Metabolicious Dressings
Eating salad is a tasty and easy way to get your daily dose of vegetables. These two bonus books show you just how to build a salad its maximize metabolic impact.
In the Metabolic Salad Builder book, you’ll learn how to create your own metabolic salad including the right portions, or simply follow the recipe for one of these delicious creations like:
- Broccoli Cauliflower Carrot Mix (page 12)
- Classic Spinach Salad (page 16)
- Lemon Slaw (page 22)
- Waldorf Salad (page 31)
- And much more….
You’ll also receive the Metabolicious Dressings book as part of free bonus #2. This bonus book shows you can enjoy flavorful dressings, even when your dieting. Plus, it will show you how to make delicious dressings that are not only tasty but enhance your food’s metabolic effect. Try recipes like:
- Creamy Dijon Herb Dressing (page 11).
- Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette (page 12).
- Orange Poppy Seed Dressing (15).
==> Click here to see the cookbook
Free Bonus #3: The Thermo-Charged Seasoning Guide
This bonus book provides that extra bit of help to stay on track in a pinch. Ideally, you would use all these great, easy recipes to create fabulous meals each night. But, life happens. And sometimes you get too busy, or simply don’t have the energy to even follow a fast recipe. So, to help you eat right even during these times, Karine and David put together this bonus guide.
The plan in this book is to cook up some plain chicken, fish, or red meat each week and store it for those times when you simply can’t cook. Then add one of these thermos-charged seasoning recipes and you’re good to go with a super-fast, super-charged metabolic meal. Choose from sensational seasonings like:
- Creole Seasoning (page 8).
- Mexican Seasoning (page 10).
- Steak Seasoning (page 13).
- Or the extra bonus – Veggie Saver Seasoning (page 14).
Free Bonus #4: Metabolic Cooking Quick Sheets
To help you organize your metabolic cooking plan, one final bonus was included – the Metabolic Cooking Quick Sheets. This series of printable sheets was designed to help you follow along with the plan as easily as possible. It includes helpful things like:
- Recipe finder list.
- A master list for your grocery shopping.
- Daily food log that you can print.
- Food glossary.
- And much more….
What We Think of the Metabolic Cooking Cookbook
After combing through all the pieces of this cookbook, we’ve found some incredibly tasty recipes and comprehensive information on how to follow along with the metabolic weight-loss plan. This series of recipes and information delivers on its promise to provide simple, easy to follow recipes that offer variety and flavor. Plus, you get a lot of information for very little money – and you can even get your money back if you are not satisfied. So, overall this plan is a great value. However, there are a few areas where the book could be better….
Areas to Improve:
- The number of downloads involved. This book would seem like more of an actual book if it were all part of one downloadable file – or even one file for the main book and additional files for each bonus. However, it’s not. So, plan to spend a good amount of time downloading and organizing your material.
- Lack of food photos. These recipes sound fantastic, but it would be nice to see some photos of the final product. Sometimes you need that extra bit of information to inspire and motivate you to go for it with a recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes. Admittedly, the makers of this cookbook stated at the beginning of this section that they were meat-lovers. But they did work with a chef to create some vegetarian options. A few of them are great, but then there are others that feel like they are just thrown in there to add to the list. While we appreciate the idea of including non-meat options, these are on the weak side.
- The recipes. For the most part, these recipes are fantastic! They are easy to make and loaded with healthy, nutritious ingredients. Plus, Karine and David share helpful tips all throughout each section to ensure that you are maximizing your food’s potential for burning fat.
- The salad ideas.We love the versatility of the salads. Not only are there great recipe ideas, there’s also plenty of information on how to create your own salad concoctions using whatever is in season and fresh near you. Plus, this bonus book includes some great dressings too, so you aren’t tempted to sop your salad in an unhealthy bottle of salad dressing from the grocery store.
- The layout of the books. The layout is great. It is easy to read and follow along with each recipe. Plus, it’s very consistent throughout each book. Each recipe not only includes ingredients and instructions, but also carbs, protein, fat, and calorie information.
Despite having to print or click on multiple files to get to all the great information, the Metabolic Cooking cookbook is filled with valuable resources, helpful tips, and most of all – fantastic recipes. That is why this cookbook scores high marks with us.
Final Verdict: 4 ½ Stars
Leave a Reply