Do you want to eat paleo, but just not sure you can commit to it? Do you feel overwhelmed with the idea of designing a paleo meal plan or that you’ll run out of options and revert to your old habits? Perhaps you love paleo cooking, but need some new, fresh recipes.
Whether you are new or familiar with paleo eating, this cookbook is one that you will want to check out. It is a comprehensive, all-you’ll-ever-need cookbook with over 470 different recipes. This book also won an award for the best-selling paleo cookbook on the web in 2017.
Not only does it have an extensive list of recipes, each one includes a beautiful, high-resolution photo of the dish. So, you can see all the paleo possibilities before even cooking them.
Plus, Paleo Grubs comes with extra bonuses like a 10 day meal plan, dessert cookbook and recipe book for slow-cooker meals. But are the recipes ones that you will actually make, enjoy, and help you stick to the paleo lifestyle? Let’s find out with our full review of the Paleo Grubs Cookbook.
- Paleo Cooking Benefits
- What’s Included with Paleo Grubs
- What We Think of the Paleo Grubs Cookbook
Paleo Cooking Benefits
What started as a trend has now become a movement. Paleo cooking is here to stay, and for good reason. The recipes are healthy, nutritious and focused on eating high-quality foods. When you follow a paleo eating style you can enjoy things like fruits, vegetables, nuts, and meat – the things your ancient ancestors lived off way before we had packaged foods or grocery stores.
Now, you do have to give up a few things like dairy, beans, and all the processed “junk”, but it’s really not that tough when you have good recipes. And there are so many benefits to eating this way.
Paleo eating can increase your mental clarity and energy, strengthen your immune system, and even help you to lose weight. And these are just a few of the benefits. Plus, with so many options in the Paleo Grubs Cookbook, you will never get bored eating healthy and feeling good.
What’s Included with Paleo Grubs
This cookbook is a comprehensive cookbook of over 470 recipes in 17 different categories. Each one has been approved by a Certified Nutritionist who has a background in paleo eating. Plus, each one includes a professional, digital photo. This is a high-quality cookbook that over 335K people have tried.
Paleo Grubs Cookbook is a beautifully designed, digital cookbook valued at $95 that you can download for only $37 right now.
Not only does it include an extensive list of recipes and photos, it also includes several bonus items.
Categories include appetizers and dips, beef, breads, breakfasts, condiments, desserts, drinks, fish, pork, poultry, salads, sauces, seafood, sides, snacks, soups, and vegetarian dishes.
Additionally, you’ll get these special bonuses:
- Bonus #1: 10-week Meal Plan that includes 70 pre-planned meals plus grocery lists. A $29 value.
- Bonus #2: The Paleo Desserts Cookbook with 40 different grain and dairy-free recipes. A $23 value.
- Bonus #3: Slow Cooker Meals with 30 easy to make paleo crockpot recipes. A $20 value.
==> Click here to view a presentation of the product
Appetizers and Dips
The Paleo Grubs Cookbook starts with a delicious array of appetizers and dips such as:
- Creamy Avocado Veggie Dip (page 22) and Fresh Pineapple Salsa (page 26).
- Bacon Wrapped Squash Bites (page 16) and Sweet Potato Turkey Meatballs (page 36).
- Mushroom Pate (page 28) and Zucchini Hummus (page 39).
High-quality meats are at the heart of paleo cooking. Some of the satisfyingly tasty beef recipes include:
- Easy Paleo Pot Roast (page 48) and Baked Barbecue Brisket (page 54).
- Garlic Steak and Veggie Kabobs (page 42) and Pineapple Bacon BBQ Burgers (page 61).
- Deconstructed Burritos (page 47) and Steak Fajitas (page 52).
Breads, Muffins, and Biscuits
If you thought you can’t enjoy bread on a Paleo diet, think again. These recipes are so good, you won’t miss the flour. Try tasty treats like:
- Banana Nut Muffins (page 67) and Blueberry Muffins (page 68).
- Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread (page 69) and Spiced Pumpkin Bread (page 82).
- Sea Salt and Dill Crackers (page 80) and Sesame Crackers (page 81).
If you are wondering what you’d do without your morning cereal, toast, or bagel, Paleo Grubs offers plenty of delicious alternatives like:
- Chocolate Cereal (page 96) and Cinnamon Bun Muffins (page 98).
- BLT Frittata (page 88) and Eggs Benedict with Crab Cakes (page 102).
- Huevos Rancheros (page 106) and Breakfast Pizza (page 113).
Condiments and Dressings
You’ll never have to sacrifice flavor with these condiments and dressings like:
- Cajun Seasoning Mix (page 124) and Harissa (page 131).
- Creamy Herb Dressing (page 126) and Roasted Garlic and Basil Pesto (page 141).
- Orange Poppyseed Dressing (page 136) and Simple Raspberry Jam (page 139).
Granted you can’t eat refined processed sugar on a paleo diet, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice dessert. Satisfy your sweet tooth with a delicious dessert like:
- Blueberry Crumble (page 151) or Fruit Dessert Pizza (page 163).
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (page 154) or Double Chocolate Cupcakes (page 164).
- No Bake Coconut Lemon Balls (page 168) or Strawberry Shortcake (page 179).
Paleo Grubs even includes a tasty array of drinks and smoothies you can enjoy such as:
- Cherry Limeade (page 192) and Mango Lassi (page 201).
- Mexican Hot Chocolate (page 203) and Thai Iced Tea (page 212).
- Cinnamon Coconut Shake (page 194) and Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie (page 204).
If you enjoy seafood, then you will love the fantastic fish recipes like:
- Baked Flounder with Artichokes (page 218) and Garlic Roasted Flounder (page 228).
- Salmon Burgers in Mustard Sauce (page 234) and Asian Salmon Burgers (page 216).
- Almond Crusted Tilapia (page 215) and Cod Piccata (page 223).
There are so many tasty pork dishes that this meat gets its own section. Enjoy things like:
- Chipotle Glazed Pork Chops (page 245) and Chorizo Stuffed Mini Peppers (page 247).
- Pork Tenderloin with Apples (page 250) and Skillet Pork Chops and Peaches (page 259).
- Sausage and Kale Pasta Casserole (page 256) and Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (page 263).
There are so many chicken dishes, it may be hard to choose one. Some of the fantastic options include:
- Baked Tandoori Chicken (page 269) and Chicken Coconut Curry with Noodles (page 277).
- “Cheesy” Chicken Casserole (page 276) and Chicken Pot Pie (page 281).
- Slow Cooker Bacon BBQ Chicken (page 298) and Stuffed Pesto Chicken (page 301).
From simple to sumptuous, there are plenty of delicious salads you can make like:
- Chicken Taco Salad (page 311) or Steak Salad with Chimichurri (page 327).
- Grapefruit Avocado Salad (page 316) or Spinach Salad with Lemon-Dill Dressing (page 326).
- Israeli Vegetable Salad (page 318) or Tabbouleh (page 330).
Sauces and Marinades
To make your paleo dishes even more adventurous, or change them up so that you never get bored, Paleo Grubs also includes scrumptious sauces and marinades like:
- Asian Steak Marinade (page 340) or Coconut Lime Marinade (page 346).
- Alfredo Sauce (page 339) and Romesco Sauce (page 351).
- Buffalo Wind Sauce (page 341) and Chili Dipping Sauce (page 343).
We covered fish earlier, but there is an entirely different section devoted to other delicious seafood recipes such as:
- Baked Coconut Shrimp (page 359) and Lemon Shrimp with Zucchini Pasta (page 367).
- Crab Cakes (page 362) and Crab Stuffed Avocados (page 364).
- Jambalaya (page 366) and Shrimp Fried Rice (page 376).
Sometimes the difficult part of paleo eating is foregoing the carbo-loaded sides. This cookbook has that covered with recipes so good that you won’t even miss the things you can’t eat. Enjoy sides like:
- Baked Jicama Fries (page 381) and Baked Parsnip Fries (page 382).
- Cauliflower Couscous (page 385) and Cauliflower Rice (page 386).
- Garlic Roasted Broccoli (page 400) and Sweet Potato Biscuits with Bacon (page 405).
Snack time can be tough – with potato chips and candy and other quick “junk” food snacks all around. With Paleo Grubs, you can resist these temptations with delicious treats like:
- Cherry Pistachio Granola (page 415) and Homemade Baked Banana Chips (page 424).
- Deviled Eggs (page 420) and Spicy Roasted Cashews (page 429).
- Orange Cranberry Scones (page 426) and Strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups (page 432).
Soups, Stews, and Curries
Warm soups, stews, and curries are comfort food at its best. Enjoy some rich and nourishing dishes like:
- Chicken No-Noodle Soup (page 447) and Creamy Broccoli Soup (page 450).
- Massaman Curry with Beef (page 455) and Sweet Potato, Kale, and Turkey Chili (page 466).
- Brazilian Fish Stew (page 441) and Shrimp and Chorizo Stew (page 462).
Granted, many people associate meat with a Paleo diet, and while there are lots of rich, meaty dishes, you can also enjoy a great meatless meal like:
- Sesame Kale Noodle Bowl (page 478) and Wilted Spinach with Cashews (page 488).
- Squash Gratin (page 482) and Sweet Potato Burgers (page 485).
- Savory Tomato Tart (page 477) and Spaghetti Squash with Mushroom Sauce (page 480).
This is just a small sampling of the many delicious and nutritious recipes that you’ll find in the Paleo Grubs Cookbook!
==>Click Here for More Cookbook Details
While there are so many recipes to enjoy and help you stay on track with your paleo lifestyle, the makers of Paleo Grubs are giving you even more! You’ll also receive:
Bonus #1: 10 Week Meal Plan
To help you get started or stay on track with your Paleo lifestyle, you’ll receive a 10 week meal plan complete with breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and even snacks. Plus, you’ll get shopping lists for each week.
Paleo Grubs has made this as simple as possible. For each day of the week, you will get delicious recipes (you don’t have to look them up in the cookbook) for each meal plus photos of what you’ll make. You’ll enjoy satisfying meals each day like:
- Tomato Basil Egg Cups for Breakfast.
- Thai Salad with Curry Dressing for Lunch.
- And Simple Paleo Burger with Onions for Dinner.
Bonus #2: Paleo Desserts
These delicious, grain-free desserts are so delicious, you won’t even miss your old desserts. Feast on 45 different treats like:
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes (page 11) and Lemon Bars (page 31).
- Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake (page 16) and Dark Chocolate and Orange Biscotti (page 24).
- Gingerbread Bars (page 30) and Peach Cobbler (page 37).
Bonus #3: Slow Cooker Meals
You will love using your slow cooker with these tempting recipes. Make them in the morning and let them simmer and stew all day. Enjoy 30 different, easy to prepare dishes like:
- Carnitas (page 10) and Chicken Chili Verde (page 13).
- Garlic Poached Shrimp (page 19) and Short Ribs (page 27).
- Fig and Apple Butter (page 18) and Poached Pears (page 23).
==> Click Here for More Cookbook Details
What We Think of the Paleo Grubs Cookbook
Overall, Paleo Grubs is an excellent cookbook. Whether you are new to paleo cooking, a long-time fan, or simply experimenting with it, this is a great resource that is filled with variety. There are plenty of strict Whole-30 style recipes, plus more lenient ones for those who still want to enjoy things like pancakes and pasta.
We’re Not Fond Of:
- The order of the recipe categories: This is really a very minor issue, but the categories in this cookbook are in alphabetical order, so it doesn’t “flow” like a normal cookbook would. You’ve got the category of Beef wedged between Appetizers and Breads, which seems a little odd.
- Lack of background knowledge: There really isn’t much information about the author and her story. We know her name and that a nutritionist approved the recipes, but that’s really it. Regardless, the recipes are fantastic.
- The recipes. There are so many different recipes in this cookbook. They are delicious and healthy and could truly help anyone along with their paleo journey.
- The recipe photos. Every single recipe comes with a photo – and not just any photo, an attractive, high-quality photo. A lot of time and effort went into creating the photos for this cookbook and they are definitely one of the things that is most appealing about this cookbook over other paleo cookbooks.
- The 10 day meal plan. This is a fantastic supplement to get you started (or keep you going) with Paleo cooking. Changing routines can feel overwhelming, but Paleo Grubs simplifies it for you so that you can be successful from the start.
There is no question, this is an awesome cookbook and we highly recommend it. If you are looking for a great paleo resource, Paleo Grubs truly is the only paleo cookbook you’ll ever need.
Final Verdict: 4 3/4 Stars