These muffins are obviously delicious (otherwise why would we bother to post them?) But the real kicker is the fact there is zero added sugars in these muffins. Count with me now… ZERO! We only used applesauce and bananas to sweeten these babies up. That’s right folks. Nothing but the good stuff around here today.
Yes we are well aware that last month we had lots of melt in your mouth goodness like Simple S’mores Dip, Skinny Cocoa Crisp Cereal and Healthy Chocolate Fudge (that is a lot of chocolate yikes!) but there also comes a time when enough is enough. Time to come up with something a little lighter on the sugar!
We started thinking of some ways to eat satisfying whole foods without needing so much of that sweet little white devil (aka sugar). These perfectly baked muffins are just one of the many cool things we came up with. Of course we thought these would be pretty good, but we had no idea they would be this good. The oatmeal and bananas and peanut butter (along with a few other things) somehow baked into a pan full of feeling like we can go the rest of our lives without sugar. I know that is a pretty ridiculous and bold thing to say but these are so good it honestly feels that way right now. Enjoy!Print
Full of almond flour, oats, yogurt, bananas and peanut butter, these hearty muffins are healthy, tasty and very filling.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour (or put 1 ½ cups oatmeal in your blender to grind)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 egg
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter (or almond butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tin with non-stick spray
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Place the rest of the ingredients into a blender on high for about 30 seconds or until smooth
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Evenly divide the mixture in the prepared muffin pan
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown
- Carefully remove from oven and let cool in muffin pan for about 10 minutes before eating