Healthy chocolate fudge
It is crazy to think that the words healthy and fudge would ever be used in the same sentence. However, our healthy chocolate fudge is an amazing recipe that makes eating delicious fudge actually nutritious!
Best Chocolate Fudge Recipe
We all get cravings for chocolate but many of us still try to eat as healthy as possible. So how can you do both? Get your chocolate fix and still make sure that you have a healthy diet? This recipe will help! Our chocolate fudge is made in a whole new way, making it much healthier and nutritious than your standard, sugar loaded fudge. Take a look at how we have recreated the fudge, filling it with healthier ingredients and making it something you can feel good about eating.
How to Make Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Our chocolate fudge is very easy to make- easier than almost any other fudge recipe out there! There is no cooking involved, no heating ingredients and you can have the fudge completely made in under ten minutes of time. There are also only four main ingredients in the whole recipe! Seems impossible? Take a look at how we make our fudge and you will see how simple it really is.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil together in a large bowl until well blended. Soften the almond butter to help the ingredients mix together easier.
- Add the sifted cocoa powder to the almond butter mix and stir well.
- Spread the mix onto the sheet tray lined in parchment paper and then place the mix in the freezer to get firm.
- Cut into brownie sized pieces using a sharp chef’s knife and enjoy!
How easy is that! Once your chocolate fudge has set and is firm, you can place it all in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to three months (if you were wondering how long does homemade fudge last, the answer is a long time! When wrapped well, of course!). Anytime you are craving that chocolatey almond butter taste, just take a piece out of the freezer, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes of time and then enjoy that fudge you love!
What is Fudge Made Out Of?
A traditional chocolate fudge is made using sugar, cocoa powder, sweetened condensed milk and butter as the main ingredients. Some recipes may also use dark chocolate chips or powdered sugar depending on the recipe. Our fudge is totally different (and so much better, you’re gonna love it!).
Our healthy chocolate fudge is made using the following ingredients:
- Almond butter
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- cocoa powder
That is it! Just four ingredients and you will have a chocolate fudge that you will love. The taste is just as fantastic as any other fudge on the market but it is clearly healthier. Let’s talk about why.
Healthy Dark Chocolate Fudge
The simple ingredients in our fudge recipe are what makes it so much healthier than regular chocolate fudge. Take a look at the benefits that each ingredient has.
Almond Butter– Almond butter is full of healthy fats, plant protein, fiber and vitamin E. If you choose to use peanut butter, you will get similar benefits as both are healthy nuts. You will love it either way!
Maple Syrup– Maple syrup is a natural, unprocessed sweetener that also has zinc, magnesium and calcium.
Coconut Oil- Coconut oil has been shown to be beneficial for blood sugar, boost energy levels and help to fight Alzheimer’s disease. Choose an unrefined coconut oil for even more health benefits (the more natural the coconut oil is kept, the better it is for you!).
Cocoa Powder– Cocoa powder is full of antioxidants and may help reduce your blood pressure.
All of these benefits add up to be a healthy fudge that is still super delicious while giving you nutrients your body needs to function. No refined sugar, no bleached flours, no “junk” going into your body. This recipe is a total win! The fact that it takes practically no prep time at all to make is just icing on the cake!
Healthy Fudge Varieties
While we think our healthy chocolate fudge recipe is perfect, there are a few ways to modify this recipe to make it your own. Here are a few things we have tried in the past that work really well, giving you a fudge recipe you will love while still being healthy and easy.
- replace the almond butter with peanut butter, using the same quantity of peanut butter. The peanut butter will add a nice, strong taste that you will love! Almost any kind of nut butter will work well, from peanut butter to cashew butter.
- Replace the maple syrup with honey using the same quantity. Both honey and maple syrup are much healthier ingredients when compared to refined sugar and both taste great!
- If you don’t have coconut oil, you can use butter as a substitute. Keep in mind that using butter will add dairy to this chocolate fudge recipe which some people may want to avoid.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate chips over the top of the fudge before you place it in the freezer. The chocolate chips will give the fudge a nice crunch and add more of that great chocolate taste.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract to the mix to help boost the flavor of the fudge. A little vanilla is all you need to make a fudge you will love!
Having a versatile and healthy chocolate fudge recipe is absolutely great and we know that you will love making this recipe just as much as you love eating it! Let us know what changes you make and how they work out- we always love to hear about how you made our recipe your own!
Leave a reply, your email address or comment below and let us know how your fudge came out. It is a recipe that we have made again and again- everyone will love it with just one bite! So set aside ten minutes of time and get ready to make something delicious and healthy. A fudge that you can feel good about eating is definitely great. Enjoy!Print
Making delicious fudge has never been more simple or more delicious than when you use this recipe.
- ½ cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2–3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2–3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- handful cocoa nibs (for topping)
- Mix the almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil in a medium-size mixing bowl
- Stir in the cocoa powder until everything is evenly combined
- Pour the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Place the pan in the freezer for at least an hour before serving
- Heat the almond butter (or peanut butter) in the microwave for about 15 seconds before mixing. The almond butter or peanut butter will get nice and soft, making it easier to mix in the other ingredients.
- This recipe doubles and triples well so grab some extra ingredients and make some more that you can easily store for later. You will be happy you did the next time a chocolate craving hits!
- Make one batch of the bars using almond butter and then a second batch with peanut butter- swirl the two together to make a nutty, chocolate fudge mix that will be unique and amazing. Get creative and make a fudge that you love, customized to you!