Paleo blueberry ice cream
Want to make a delicious, creamy, flavorful, paleo blueberry ice cream right at home? You easily can with our simple ice cream recipe that is not only quick to make but comes together using only 5 simple ingredients.
Amazing Blueberry Ice Cream
Making ie cream may seem like something that is difficult and requires a lot of special equipment. However, that is totally not true! You can make amazing ice cream right in your own home using only your blender– no ice cream maker needed. Creating a delicious frozen treat has never been easier! Our recipe will show you how to take five simple ingredients and make a tasty paleo blueberry ice cream that you will want to enjoy all the time.
Best Non Dairy Ice Cream
When you are following a paleo diet, you likely have taken milk out of your diet. The paleo diet revolves around foods that hunters and gatherers consumed and, back in the days of the caveman, no one was milking cows! So that means regular, cows milk is not an ingredient you can use while eating Paleo. You won’t find cows milk in any paleo recipes or paleo diet cookbooks!
However, you may still be craving ice cream which means you need to find ice creams that are made with non-dairy milks. Nut milks such as almond milk or cashew milk are acceptable on this diet and can make for great ice cream. However, we chose to use coconut milk. Canned coconut milk is incredibly creamy and rich all while being completely Paleo approved- coconuts have been around since the caveman after all! This amazing ingredient keeps your ice cream perfect for your diet while still having that delicious, smooth texture that you love.
How to Make Paleo Ice Cream
Making diet friendly ice cream could not be any easier. It literally takes just a few minutes to whip up this delicious blueberry ice cream recipe and start enjoying your treat. Take a quick look at how we make this ice cream recipe and you will see how easy it really is.
- All the ingredients are placed into the blender (the frozen blueberries, frozen banana, vanilla extract, coconut milk and honey- it all goes right in!).
- The ingredients are pureed until the ice cream is nice and smooth. This will take about 1-2 minutes depending on your blender.
- The blueberry ice cream is scooped into cups and enjoyed immediately!
How simple is that! There is no prep time, no cook time and just a few minutes of “work” to get you this delicious treat. This is going to be a dessert you make all the time.
Ice Cream Recipe Variations
As with any great recipe, there are ways to alter this ice cream in order to make it your own. Everyone has slightly different tastes and preferences and we have found a few ways to week our recipe in order to be exactly the ice cream you are craving. Take a look at a few of these options and give them a try:
- Skip the honey and use maple syrup. Using maple syrup as your sweetener will also make this a vegan blueberry ice cream,
- Use mixed berries instead of all blueberries to make a berry ice cream recipe.
- Use almond milk or cashew milk in place of coconut milk.
- Add a touch of cinnamon, ground nutmeg or a pinch of ginger.
- Add about a tablespoon of lemon juice to brighten the ice cream and enhance the blueberry flavor.
If you have any awesome ideas on how to make this blueberry ice cream even better, send us an email and let us know! We love getting email that show us how you used our recipes to make them even more fantastic. You can also just leave a reply in the comments below- be sure to include pictures of your creations!
Storing Homemade Ice Cream
Our blueberry ice cream is so quick and easy to make that you will have a perfect, fresh bowl of in front of you in no time. However, if you have any extras, you may want to store the ice cream in the freezer for a later date. While you definitely can scoop this ice cream into an airtight container and keep it in the fridge, the texture of the ice cream will change the longer it sits in the freezer.
When you take the blueberry ice cream out of the freezer, you may find that it has gotten harder and a little icy. Since there is less fat in this ice cream when compared to traditional ice creams, it does get firmer the longer it sits. To fix this texture issue, scoop the frozen ice cream back into the blender and puree again, breaking up the ice cream and adding air to the mix. This will restore the ice cream to it’s original glory, once again with very little prep time!
We hope you enjoy this delicious blueberry ice cream and make it year round- we all crave ice cream whether it be January or July- it isn’ just a summer dessert! If you are interested in more amazing recipes from us, sign up to receive our email (just reply your email address below!) which will send exciting, delicious recipes straight to your inbox. You can also leave a reply below and let us know how you like our ice cream recipes. We love to hear from you whether it be via email or comments!
More Simple Dessert and Sweets Recipes
Blueberry (Paleo) Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Paleo + Vegan + Gluten Free
This ice cream is incredibly quick to make, making for he perfect paleo and vegan dessert
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- squeeze of pure honey
- Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender for about 30-60 seconds or until evenly combined. Divide into two serving bowls and serve immediately.
This melts pretty quickly on warm days so we like to put it in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes before serving so its fairly solid.
- Since this ice cream recipe does not use an ice cream maker to incorporate air into the ice cream, you will want to use a high speed, powerful blender that will make the ingredients nice and creamy, fluffing them full of air.
- Fresh blueberries will taste great in this ice cream but will make the texture of the ice cream much softer. You want those frozen blueberries to help the ice cream be nice and cold! If you have fresh blueberries on hand, simply place them in the freezer for a few hours to help them get firm. The taste of the blueberries will remain and the ice cream will freeze nicely
- This ice cream will work out wonderfully with any kind of frozen berry. Use whatever berries are in season, on sale or growing outside your home!
Marilyn Giardini says
Hello, please sign me up for your Email recipes newsletter.. thank you very much, Marilyn G. 👼😇
Hi Marilyn, I dont have a newsletter at the moment. When I do, I will let you know. Thank you!