Copycat chipotle corn salsa
If you love Chipotle corn salsa or if you are just looking for a new, delicious side dish, our Copycat Chipotle corn salsa recipe is the perfect option. With just a few tasty ingredients and 15 minutes of prep time, you will have a wonderful fresh salsa that goes great with so many meals.
Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe (Copycat)
If you have ever stopped by a Chipotle to pick up some delicious food, you likely have tried their famous corn salsa. My guess is that it was probably one of your favorite parts of your meal! It really is so good. Now you can have that amazing Chipotle corn salsa anytime you’d like because our recipe tastes just like the salsa served at your local Chipotle restaurant! No more waiting in line, wasting time just to get that Chipotle corn salsa that you love- you can make it right in your own kitchen and we will show you how.
Simple Corn Salsa
Making our copycat Chipotle corn salsa is very easy and only takes about 15 minutes of prep time. You can easily double or triple the recipe to feed a large group or you can just make it as written, giving you the perfect amount of salsa for a few people to enjoy. Here is how we put our corn salsa together:
- Chop the jalapeno, green pepper, red onion and fresh cilantro and place it in a large bowl. The more finely chopped the ingredients are, the better!
- Add the frozen corn, lime juice, salt pepper and chili powder.
- Mix everything together well and then take a bite to taste.
- Adjust the seasonings, adding more fresh lime juice, salt, pepper, or jalapeno if desired.
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge until you are ready to eat!
As you can see, to make our corn salsa recipe, all you need to do is chop, mix and taste! You’ll be eating in no time! Once you have put together the Chipotle corn salsa, you can store it in an airtight container for up to a week. The Chipotle corn salsa actually gets better the longer it sits as the flavors are able to marinate and mingle together.
What to Serve with Corn Salsa
While you may have had Chipotle corn salsa on a variety of things at your local Chipotle restaurant, there are other ways you can enjoy this delicious recipe. Here are a few ways we like to eat our corn salsa:
- Inside a Mexican style burrito (Just like at Chipotle!)
- In a rice bowl
- As a side dish to grilled chicken
- Mixed into bowtie pasta
- Inside an egg and cheese breakfast wrap
- On top of nachos
- On top of a fresh salad or simple bed of lettuce- the fresh corn salsa juices can even work as a dressing!
- Inside your favorite taco recipe (again, like you’d get at Chipotle!)
- In a big bowl, all on it’s own
Corn salsa is very versatile, only take a few minutes of time to make and you can serve it with just about anything. It can be eaten both hot and cold which just adds to the possibilities. Use the salsa as a cold side dish in the summer to help beat the heat or enjoy it warm in the winter when you are craving a comforting hot meal. You really can add it to so many recipes! Our copycat chipotle corn salsa is good year round so make it any time!
Corn Salsa Variations
We have crafted our corn salsa recipe to be just like the one served at Chipotle and we are pretty sure that our blend of seasonings is spot on! However, if you want to change up your salsa a little bit, there are a few things you can do to make this salsa a little less like Chipotle and a little more like you. Give these variations a try and make this recipe your own.
- Use finely chopped poblano peppers in place of the green pepper. Poblano peppers add a smoky taste to the salsa and, if you are able to grill the poblano peppers, they will add even more of a rich, charred taste to your fresh salsa.
- Use fresh corn in place of frozen corn. The salsa recipe will work perfectly with fresh corn rather than frozen corn and this is a great option to use when corn is in season. A fresh, sweet corn salsa recipe is one that can’t be beat!
- Replace the lime juice with lemon juice to add a different, bright taste to the recipe.
- Add more jalapeno to make the corn salsa recipe a little more spicy. You can also increase the chili powder to accomplish your spice goals as well- some people like a little more heat!
- Skip the fresh cilantro- some people aren’t huge fans of that strong cilantro taste but don’t worry, this Chipotle corn salsa recipe works just as great without it!
- Add black beans to the recipe. Drain and rinse a whole can of black beans and add it to the salsa, mixing it in with the red onion and fresh corn at the beginning of the recipe. This makes for an even heartier recipe and one you can definitely enjoy on it’s own.
If you think of any other great ideas to make this copycat Chipotle corn salsa recipe even better, let us know! We love to hear from you and all about how you made our recipes your own. Take a few minutes of your time to leave a comment below and maybe even a picture of you enjoying this copycat chipotle corn salsa- we want to see how your recipe turned out! Make our recipe, Chipotle style, and you’ll never have to visit a Chipotle ever again!
If you loved our chipotle corn salsa recipe, we know that you will love our other recipes as well. We have hundreds of easy, delicious recipes for you to try on our website. Browse our recipes now or sign up for our emails to receive exciting new recipes right in your inbox. From Chipotle style recipes to our own handcrafted recipes, we have lots of dishes for you to try. We know you will find recipes you love!Print
Chipotle’s Corn Salsa
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: big bowl
If you love the corn that they serve at the popular chain, Chipotle, or, if you just want a super flavorful corn dish, give this recipe a try!
- 1 12-ounce bag of frozen sweet yellow corn, defrosted and drained
- 1 medium-sized jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium-sized green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, torn or chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Add more cilantro, jalapeno or lime according to your tastes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight.
- When looking for frozen corn, canned corn or fresh corn, try to choose a sweet corn. This kind of corn will add a wonderful sweet taste to our Chipotle corn salsa recipes.
- When fresh corn is in season, buy extra and freeze it on your own. A giant bag of frozen corn will never be wasted and you will always have corn ready to go when you are craving Chipotle corn salsa!
- Be sure to use a sharp chef’s knife when chopping the fresh cilantro. A nice sharp knife will make all the difference in making the cilantro into nice, small pieces. You will also appreciate it when chopping the red onion too! A good knife is a kitchen essential.
Note: Simple Green Moms is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Leave a Reply