Fruit kabobs dip
Our recipe for Fruit kabobs dip is a perfect treat to enjoy at the end of a warm summer day. With just 5 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of time, you can enjoy this fresh, bright dessert that we know everyone will love.
Homemade Fruit Dip
Fruit kabobs are an extremely versatile, healthy and delicious treat to enjoy anytime you have fresh fruit on hand. You can serve these fruit kabobs as a breakfast, as a snack and even as a dessert. They are perfect for any time and any time of year! We love fresh fruit kabobs especially in the summertime when warm weather makes us crave something cool, refreshing and not overly rich. When summer fruit season is in full swing, reach for this dip recipe which goes perfectly with any kind of fruit you may have on hand.
How to Make a Yogurt Fruit Dip
Fruit dip is incredibly easy to make and takes almost no time at all to put together. All you need is a medium sized bowl, a measuring cup and a perfect recipe like ours! Here is how we make our fruit dip:
- Measure and mix the Greek yogurt, honey, cinnamon, peanut butter and vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Serve the dip right away or place it in an airtight container and store the dip in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy it!
Measure and mix recipes that taste this good are a definite favorite around here so we know you will not only love the simplicity of our recipe but also how amazingly delicious it tastes. Recipes that do not require any cooking are always great- no waiting around while the food bakes, no complicated cooking process and no need to turn on your oven. Our healthy yogurt dip served with some ripe fruit on wooden skewers makes for the perfect anytime recipe!
Healthy Fruit Dip
One thing that is really great about our fruit dip recipe is that it is very healthy. The dip is essentially made with Greek yogurt which has lots of it’s own health benefits. Take a look at why yogurt is good for you:
- Greek yogurt is full of calcium which is good for bone health
- Yogurt contains probiotics which is good for gut health
- Greek yogurt is high in protein which has been shown to be an essential part of a balanced diet
- Fermented milk, like greek yogurt, can help reduce blood pressure
- Yogurt can help reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes by helping the body process sugars more efficiently
Incorporating yogurt can be a great way to enjoy a healthy and nutritious diet. Luckily, our recipe uses Greek yogurt to make a very flavorful fruit dip that makes eating yogurt even tastier! All the more reason to make this recipe frequently.
Fruit Skewers Options
Choosing the best fruit for your kabobs is essential. You want to pick fruits that pair well with the yogurt dip, are nice and ripe and also that will work well on wooden skewers. Choosing a good variety of fruits is also a good idea so that you have lots of flavors on the skewers. Here are our favorite fruits to use for fruit skewers:
- Pineapple – peel and core a pineapple and then cut it into small, on inch sided pieces
- Grapes – You can put the grapes on skewers whole or cut the grapes in half. Red or green grapes both are perfect!
- Strawberries – Whole strawberries or strawberries cut in half or even quarters work well. Decide how to prepare your strawberries for the skewers based on their size- some berries are huge and other times they can be quite small
- Bananas – cut a banana into one inch sized pieces and then thread onto the skewers
- Peaches – Cut a peach in half and remove the pit then chop into one inch pieces
- Berries- Almost any berry will work perfectly from blueberries to raspberries and blackberries. Use what is in season and sweet
One trick to making perfect fruit skewers is to keep all the fruit about the same size. This will help the skewers look good and also make them easy to eat. You should also choose various colored fruits so that your fruit skewers are all the colors of the rainbow!
Can I Make Fruit Kabobs the Day Before?
It is always nice to get as much as possible done in advance before hosting a party or get together. If you are planning on making our delicious fruit kabob recipe for your next event, you may be wondering if you can make any part of this recipe in advance.
While you can definitely mix the dip a few days before, storing it in the fridge in an airtight container, you are going to want to skewer the fruit right before you are ready to eat them. Fruit can turn brown and soft when cut too early so it is best to wait. Making the kebobs on the same day as your party will ensure the most beautiful, fresh, best-tasting fruit possible!
We hope that you loved our recipe for fruit dip and fruit kabobs and use it often this summer (or anytime you have some extra fruit and need a tasty, healthy treat!). If you are interested in more of our awesome recipes, sign up with your email address to receive great, time saving recipes every week.
Please browse our site as well to explore and discover other great recipes and food inspirations. You can also email us and let us know hat kind of recipes you’d love to see! We love recipes that require few ingredients, only take a little prep time and still give you awesome flavorful food! Enjoy.Print
We love this light and tasty fruit dip that goes well with just about any kind of fresh fruit!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Chill for half an hour.
- Serve with assorted fresh fruit.
- While we recommend making the fruit skewers right before you are ready to eat them, there are a few ways to can get the fruit ready. You can wash all your grapes and berries in advance and also cut fruit like pineapple in advance. Fruits which tend to brown quickly like apples, peaches, pears and bananas should wait!
- When placing the fruit on the skewers, alternate types of fruit to make a beautiful, rainbow effect that will look stunning on any buffet. Take advantage of the pretty ingredients you are using!
- While plain Greek yogurt works well, feel free to use your favorite flavor yogurt as well. Vanilla, peach, pineapple and even coconut Greek yogurt all will work great in kabob recipes