Man Pleasing Chicken is the only recipe that you will need this Valentine’s day to make sure you and your man have a perfect, memorable and delicious day. So turn your oven on, grab six simple ingredients and get ready to impress the main man in your life with your amazing culinary skills.
Man Pleasing Chicken Recipe
Are you ready to cook a perfect Valentine’s Day dinner? Well, you can make a delicious meal with just six ingredients! So skip those hectic restaurants with sub-par food. Stay in this year with the number one guy in your life, eating a delicious and romantic meal instead. All you need is this recipe for man-pleasing chicken and you can have the best Valentine’s Day of your life.
Even the most beginner chef’ will be able to whip up this meal and make a serious impression this Valentine’s Day. After all, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach and this recipe will secure you a place in his heart forever.
How to Make Man Pleasing Chicken
Making this flavorful recipe only requires a few simple steps. You will be able to get dinner in the oven with just ten minutes of prep, giving you a little extra time to light some candles, put on some romantic music and get ready for your picture perfect dinner. All you need to do to get dinner in the oven is:
- Make a quick sauce by mixing the mustard, maple syrup, salt and liquid smoke together in a small bowl. Add a little fresh ground pepper too for extra flavor
- Place the chicken thighs in a rimmed baking dish and rub them all over with the mustard mix.
- Crush the fresh rosemary with your hands and stick some under each chicken thigh.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 35 minutes.
- Broil the chicken for the last few minutes if you want to give it a nice browned color. You can skip this step if you are short on time- it will still please your guy!
- Strain the sauce from the roasting dish and then serve the chicken and sauce while hot.
Seems easy enough! It is definitely something you can put together this Valentine’s Day with no stress or need to make a reservation. You may even want to suggest that your #1 guy make this dish for you… See if he can find his way around the kitchen!
Man Pleasing Meal
While the roasted chicken thighs are perfectly seasoned and going to be the star of this meal, you may want a little something more to make it perfect. So what side dishes will pair well with this chicken and make your number one guy happy this holiday? Here are a few ideas that you can make to go along with this dish.
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Sauted spinach
- Roasted asparagus
- A simple side salad
- Some crispy homemade french fries
- Mashed potatoes
- A simple lemon pasta
- Pan seared broccoli
- Homemade bread
- Loaded baked potatoes
Pretty much any side dish that your husband, partner, lover, boyfriend or man-friend loves will go well with this versatile chicken. Think about the smokey flavors, the sweet maple syrup and the dijon mustard when you are choosing a side. These are the primary flavors in the recipe and matching a side dish with these tastes will give you an amazing man-pleasing meal!
Recipe Tips to Please Your Man
If you are trying to get Valentine’s day dinner ready in a hurry, we have a few tips to help you along. First, here are some ingredient substitutions and alterations you can make to the recipe if you reach for something on this list and find that it just isn’t there. Don’t panic! Just look here:
- Replace the dijon mustard with regular mustard or just 1 tablespoon of mustard powder
- Use honey in place of maple syrup
- Skip the liquid smoke if you don’t have it on hand
- Use dried rosemary if you do not have fresh rosemary or can’t find it in the store easily
- Add some extra salt and pepper if you have to skip any ingredients to give the chicken thighs a boost of flavor
- Add a splash of rice wine vinegar to the sauce to give the chicken a little kick
Each of these little modifications will change the chicken slightly but it will still be delicious and still put a smile on your Valentine’s face!
How to Feed Your Guy Well
Making man pleasing meals is essential in every relationship and is even more important on Valentine’s Day. You need to make sure his stomach is full and he is well fed. Giving him something that is full of flavor and still pretty healthy (yes, this recipe is actually quite healthy and full of lean protein!) is the way to win him over.
Keep this recipe on hand even after Valentine’s Day is over. After all, you need man-pleasing meals on hand all the time in order to keep that guy around(wink! wink!). And, when all you need is chicken thighs, dijon mustard, maple syrup, rosemary, liquid smoke and some salt and pepper, you can make this dish anytime. You should even make it just to please yourself! Enjoy!
This delicious and easy to make chicken recipe is guaranteed to please your man this Valentine’s day or any day for that matter!
4 Bone In Skinless Chicken Thighs
1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
4 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
1/4–1 Tsp Liquid Smoke
Salt to Taste
1. Mix together the dijon mustard, maple syrup and salt in a bowl.
2. Taste and season this sauce with salt and liquid smoke, start with a 1/4 teaspoon of each and add from there until you are happy.
3. Place the chicken in a small roasting tin and pour over the sauce and massage it into the chicken.
4. Take the rosemary and scrunch it up in your hands, bruising it to release the oils.
5. Tuck the rosemary under the chicken.
6. Bake in the oven at 400°F or 200°C for 35 minutes.
7. Heat your broiler to high and slide the chicken under for the final 3-4 minutes to glaze the chicken (Optional), you can serve without this step although the chicken may need an extra 3-4 minutes.
8. Ensure the chicken reaches 165°F or 74°C before serving. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh without touching the bone and take the reading.
9. After you remove the chicken from the baking dish, stir the remaining sauce and then pass through a sieve.
10. Serve the sauce in a bowl on the side or pour over the chicken.
- Liquid smoke varies from brand to brand so add a quarter of a teaspoon to begin with and add more to taste.
- Substitute the fresh rosemary with 1-2 teaspoons of dried rosemary if needed.
- Line your baking tray with foil if you want to reduce the clean up time.
- Make sure to buy chicken thighs that still have the bone in them. The bone adds a lot of flavor as it bakes and will help toward your goal of making your guy say “Yes!” when he takes just one bite.
- Adding about 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar to the sauce will give it a little more flavor and kick. You should especially add the rice wine vinegar if you choose to use mustard powder instead of mustard as it will help make the mix a little more liquid.
- Cut the chicken with a nice sharp chef’s knife after it has roasted. Removing the chicken from the bone and slicing it will give the dish more of a fancy, restaurant-worthy feel.