Random, I know. Up until a short while ago, I actually never used mason jars for anything. Ever. Then I started using them to make cool things like Skinny Banana Splits and all of a sudden I realized what I have been missing out on my whole entire life!
Of course this new found love of mason jars gave us the perfect excuse to keep making Skinny Banana Splits. And its totally ok with because they make a perfect take-along breakfast. Simply delicious! Make a bunch ahead of time and you are good to go for the whole week!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup organic peanut butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups fresh mixed organic berries
- 2 cups organic vanilla Greek yogurt
- For the granola layer: mix oats and dark chocolate chips in a small mixing bowl. Melt the honey and peanut butter in a small glass bowl for about 20 seconds in the microwave then pour over oat mixture. Mix together until combined.
- Next put ½ cup of Greek yogurt in the bottom of 4 mason jars. Add a layer of sliced bananas and berries to each jar. Top it off with ¼ of the granola mixture and enjoy or pack along for later!