Simple Roasted Asparagus Recipe
When you want a perfectly cooked, easy to make asparagus, reach for this simple roasted asparagus recipe. It doesn’t take many ingredients or too much time to create this tasty side dish.
Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese
Asparagus is a delicious, health side dish that you can enjoy anytime, especially when you have this easy recipe to use. Roasting asparagus is a very simple way to cook the vegetable, giving it a perfect texture and nice caramelization which adds to the overall flavor. Just a few other seasonings, some grated parmesan cheese, and the recipe is complete!
How to Prepare Asparagus
Making perfect asparagus does take a little know-how as you do not want to make the vegetable too soft or undercook it, causing it to be too crunchy. However, once you know how to cook it perfectly, it is quite simple! Take a quick look at how to make this recipe and you will see that it is not too hard at all.
- Preheat oven to 425 (preheat oven to 400 if you are using a convection oven- we will talk about this later).
- Line a baking sheet with foil or simply spray it with non stick baking spray.
- Toss the fresh asparagus with the lime juice, olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the asparagus on the prepares baking sheet and make sure it is in a single layer so that it cooks evenly.
- Cook asparagus spears in the preheated oven.
- Once the asparagus is cooked, sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the asparagus spears and serve!
The parmesan will melt slightly over the asparagus, giving it a delicious, cheesy taste that compliments the veggie and the seasonings well. See how easy it is to make asparagus roasted to perfection?
Healthy Side Dish
Asparagus is actually a very healthy vegetable and one you should definitely enjoy more often (especially now that you have this super simple roasted asparagus recipe to use). Here are just a few health benefits of asparagus:
- Asparagus is rich in folate which plays an important role in your cells development. Folate may also reduce the risk of depression, stroke and also help prevent exhaustion.
- Asparagus has lots of fiber, potassium and antioxidants, all of which have been shown to help promote a healthy heart.
- The fiber in asparagus helps aid with digestion
- Antioxidants found in asparagus can help reduce the risk of cancer.
As you can see, there are many reasons to add asparagus into your diet. Luckily, this recipe is the perfect, easy way to do just that!
How to Choose Asparagus
Picking vegetables that are of optimal quality can be tricky. Asparagus is best when it is not too skinny and also when the asparagus spears are not very fat. Skinny asparagus tends to be rubbery while fatter asparagus can be tough and woody. Look for a nice medium-sized spear.
Asparagus is most commonly green but it also is available in white and purple. All colors of asparagus will cook the same, roasting in the same amount of time, so you can choose any of the options and use them in this recipe. Various colors of asparagus can be fun to add some brightness to your dinner plate!
Here are a few questions that we frequently get sent to our email address regarding this roasted asparagus recipe. Hopefully, these will help answer any questions you may have as well and will help you make this recipe for roasted asparagus perfect! If you have any other questions, send us an email or leave your question and email address in the comments below- we will answer you ASAP!
How do you saute asparagus?
If you would rather saute the veggie instead of enjoying the asparagus roasted, you can definitely use this recipe to cook asparagus that way as well. No need to preheat the oven! Cut the asparagus spears in half so that they fit in a saute pan a little better. Toss the asparagus with the ingredients just as directed in the recipe. You can mix everything together in the saute pan too in order to save on dishes, tossing the olive oil, lime juice and seasonings together right in the dish. Saute the asparagus over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the saute pan and divide between serving dishes, top with grated parmesan cheese then enjoy while hot!
What goes well with asparagus?
Asparagus is the perfect side dish for so many things. It pairs well with almost all meat dishes, from steak to chicken, salmon to shrimp. It is also great in an omelet or alongside hard-boiled eggs. Roasted asparagus is an easy way to make your meal complete and it only takes a few minutes time to put it together. So follow this recipe and serve it with anything!
How long do you blanch asparagus for?
If you are choosing to cook asparagus by blanching it, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the asparagus spears in half to make them fit in the pot better. Add the asparagus to the water and boil for 2 minutes time. Remove the asparagus and place it in a large bowl to toss with the remaining ingredients in this recipe, skipping the olive oil. Serve while hot! Keep in mind that roasting asparagus does add flavor since the veggie caramelizes in the oven wonderfully, adding taste, texture and visual appeal especially when compared to blanching. It may take a little more time but it can be well worth it!
If you love this recipe and want more of our delicious creations, sign up with your email address to get delicious recipes delivered right to your inbox. You can also search for any recipe you’d like on our website anytime- we are always adding more exciting ways to make meal time more amazing.Print
This asparagus recipe is simple yet very flavorful, making for an amazing side dish.
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- sea salt + black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425(F) degrees and prepare baking sheet with non-stick spray. Place asparagus in a large mixing bowl or ziplock bag and drizzle with the olive oil. Add lime juice and seasonings then toss to evenly coat spears.
- Place the asparagus in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on thickness of spears. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (optional) then serve immediately.