Chocolate cherry smoothie
Our chocolate cherry smoothie is a wonderful, classic flavor combination that makes for a delicious, rich, and sweet treat. You can enjoy this tasty smoothie for breakfast or as a healthy dessert. Since you can make it in just a few minutes, you can enjoy it anytime that chocolate, cherry craving hits!
Chocolate Cherry Protein Shake
Finding a perfect breakfast is tricky. Sometimes you may crave something sweet in the morning but you might still want to begin your day with a healthy dose of protein. Luckily our chocolate cherry smoothie is full of protein and also chocolate! It is a complete breakfast drink that will satisfy all your morning cravings. To top it off, this recipe is quick to put together and easy to take on the go, giving you a perfect breakfast for a busy weekday morning.
How to Make a Cherry Chocolate Smoothie
We really weren’t kidding when we said this recipe only takes a few minutes total time to put together. All you need is a blender and some fresh ingredients! The prep time, 5 minutes or less, and the blending time will all be done quickly and you will be sipping on your smoothie super soon. Take a look at how this delicious drink comes together:
- Measure all the ingredients directly into your blender adding the almond milk, frozen banana, frozen sweet cherries, protein powder, vanilla extract and unsweetened cacao powder.
- Blend the ingredients together until very smooth. Depending on your blender, this may take more or less time. Once the smoothie is nice and creamy and there are no chunks- you are ready to go!
- Pour the chocolate cherry smoothie into cups and enjoy right away!
Smoothies are such a simple drink and they are refreshing and tasty. They are also healthy. Keep reading to find out how healthy our chocolate cherry smoothie really is.
Healthy Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Recipe
While there are it’s of delicious smoothie recipes out there, you want to be sure that you are also drinking healthy smoothies. You can’t be downing high calorie drinks all day, every day! Luckily, our chocolate cherry smoothie is healthy in addition to tasting amazing. Here are just a few of its benefits:
- Cherries are full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and nutrients. Sweet cherries have been shown to help with heart health, boost exercise recovery and even can work to promote better sleep!
- Unsweetened cocoa powder also has antioxidants, helps with heart health and can reduce the risk of a stroke. Cocoa powder can also help with blood flow and improve general brain function.
- Bananas are a great source of vitamin C and can aid in overall digestion. Frozen banana can give you energy and is good for your skin thanks to the manganese inside the fruit.
- Almond milk is a good source of calcium, low in sugar and also naturally lactose free. Using almond milk in this recipe will ensure that our smoothie is delicious and also dairy free for anyone who is lactose intolerant.
- Protein powder will give you a boost of energy and an easy way to get a healthy dose of protein without having to consume meat. You are going to love this protein powder as well which has a nice subtle vanilla taste and blends right into the chocolate cherry smoothie.
Our chocolate cherry smoothie is packed with all sorts of nutritional benefits, giving you lots of things that you may look for in a healthy breakfast. However, all that delicious chocolate and sweet cherries taste makes for a great dessert too. Keep this smoothie recipe in mind when you need a sweet treat at the end of the day too!
Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Tricks
While we believe that this smoothie is amazing just as the recipe is written, we have made a few switches in the past that are just as good that you may love. We don’t always have almond milk on hand when we are craving this drink! Here is how we have altered this recipe in the past and still had a fantastic chocolate cherry smoothie that we love.
- If you like an extra thick smoothie, add a few ice cubes to the mix to make it even colder and thicker. Ice cubes will water the smoothie down slightly so only add what is needed. You may need some extra ice if your cherries or bananas aren’t quite frozen.
- Use coconut milk in place of almond milk for your chocolate cherry smoothie. If you don’t mind if your smoothie is dairy free, you can also use regular skim milk or even whole milk for a richer chocolate smoothie.
- Toss in a few frozen raspberries, blueberries or even strawberries to the smoothie. Almost any kind of berry will go perfectly in this cherry chocolate smoothie and give you a new taste that you will love. Any berries you have on hand, feel free to use!
- Chocolate protein powder will work in place of vanilla and give this smoothie even more delicious chocolate taste. Whatever protein powder you love will work great!
If you have any other cherry smoothie tricks that you have found to work well, let us know and leave a reply below! We love to hear how you made our recipe even better!
If you want to try even more of our great recipes, reply your email address to us and we will send you great recipes right to your inbox. From frozen smoothies to delicious dinners, we have recipes for all occasions! You will definitely find some new things that you love.Print
A quick and delicious smoothie that you can drink as a dessert or just as a breakfast!
- 8–10oz Almond Milk (or coconut milk)
- ½ frozen banana
- big handful of frozen cherries
- 1 scoop Raw Protein Powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place everything in a high-speed blender for about 30 seconds then serve immediately.
- Using frozen cherries and bananas gives this smoothie a perfect texture without having to add ice. Be sure to have some frozen cherries in the freezer at all times so you can make this drink whenever you’d like! You can freeze your own cherries or buy cherries already frozen in the grocery store.
- Cherry and chocolate are a perfect combination that we know you will love but you can also try adding a scoop of almond butter or peanut butter to give your smoothie a protein boost. These nut butters also both go perfectly with the taste of cherries.
- Be sure to pit your cherries before freezing. This will make it much easier to use the cherries when you are ready to blend.