This is not your average granola in all of the best ways possible. This might be the smartest and most delicious combinations of whole foods ever invented. Ever. Granola can be such a tricky little thing because the word itself sounds so healthy, but store brought brands are typically filled with things like sugar, canola oil and soy lecithin. What exactly are canola and lecithin anyways?
Grain-Free Granola on the other hand is made with a hearty blend of nuts and seeds and other all-natural goodness. Nutrient dense ingredients that will fuel your body with sustained energy. So you still get the traditional look and feel of “real granola” without all of the added sugars and processed junk.
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups raw slivered raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 350(F) degrees and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick spray. In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut, nuts, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Warm coconut oil and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat until evenly combined. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well. Spread mixture evenly onto prepared baking sheet then bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, add dried berries and stir. Return pan to oven for another 5-7 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Once granola is done cooking, remove from oven and let cool completely. Should keep for a few weeks when stored in an air-tight container.