This Sweet + Spicy Baked Chicken comes together quickly with just a few simple ingredients and plenty of flavor!
Our families usually prefer to eat grilled chicken but this recipe has officially changed their minds. I think it’s just because baked chicken has a bad habit of being a little boring and/or bland. But in case you couldn’t tell by the pictures, this recipe is far from boring and/or bland.
In fact, this chicken is actually bursting with sweet + spicy flavor! The recipe requires just a few basic ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time. Then the chicken gets baked to tender-crispy perfection. Talk about delicious!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 cup almond flour (or almond meal)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ lbs chicken tenders
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup hot sauce (Franks or Tapito work great!)
- Preheat oven to 425(F) degrees and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Mix almond flour, sea salt and pepper in a bowl. Place egg in a separate bowl with a splash of water and whisk.
- Dip each chicken tender (one at a time) into the egg, then into the flour mixture. Lay the chicken tenders on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is crispy and starting to turn golden brown.
- While chicken is baking, heat the hot sauce and honey in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. When chicken has finished baking, carefully remove the pan from oven and turn oven to broil. Evenly coat the tenders with the sauce then return pan to oven.
- Let the chicken broil for about 5-7 minutes then carefully remove from oven. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.