Spicy chili recipe
You don’t need to cook all day in order to make a perfect spicy chili recipe. Our amazing recipe only takes 20 minutes! With lots of healthy ingredients and a spicy hot kick, this beef chili recipe hits all the right spots.
Easy Stovetop Chili
When you think of making chili, you may think that it is going to be a lengthy process. While there are plenty of chili recipes out there that do require you to cook the chili for hours upon hours, our recipe is much more simple. In just 30 minutes, you will have a perfect homemade dish, ready to eat!
However, there is no flavor sacrificed just because our recipe for chili is made quickly. In fact, it is full of incredible layers of flavor, both savory and spicy, that will make your mouth water. It is definitely a recipe you will need to try! It won’t take you long to put together at all.
How to Make Spicy Beef Chili
So we said that this recipe was quick and easy to make especially when compared to other chili recipes, but what exactly does it take to make? Here is a quick look at the steps our recipe uses to make spicy chili in just thirty minutes:
- The lean ground beef and onions are sauteed together until the beef is fully cooked and begins to brown.
- The spices are then added to the mix and cooked for about 5 minutes which helps enhance the flavor of the spices.
- The tomato juice, fire roasted tomatoes, and kidney beans are then added to the pot and the chili is stirred and ready to cook for about 20 minutes more.
That’s all there is to it! It is amazing how easy this chili is to make and how delicious it tastes with such little effort. All your need are a few great ingredients, a stocked spice rack and a nice big pot to cook the chili in!
Spicy Chili Recipe Variations
One thing that is great about chili is that you can add ingredients or change ingredients to suit your tastes. In fact, lots of people pride themselves on having their own “secret” chili recipe that is better than everyone else’s. While you may have a secret ingredient in mind already (send an email to our email address if you do- we want to hear what makes your chili so great!), we have a few alterations that you might want to try as well.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of tomato paste along with the tomato juice. Tomato paste adds a very strong flavor to the chili that will add complexity to your recipe.
- Mince a few cloves garlic, bell pepper or diced tomatoes and add them to the saute pan along with the ground beef. These extra flavors are classic chili tastes that go perfectly in this recipe.
- Add an extra teaspoon of ground cumin for a smokier taste or a little more cayenne pepper if you love spicy food and want a little extra heat (if you are wondering what makes chili spice, it is the cayenne pepper in this recipe!). Just keep in mind that a little extra spice goes a long way!
- Use ground turkey or ground chicken instead of ground beef.
- Use tomato sauce in place of tomato juice for a thicker spicy chili recipe. The same amount of tomato sauce (28 ounces) will work perfectly.
- Use one can of kidney beans and one can of red beans to not only add a different, healthy bean option but to make your chili a little prettier (more color is always better!).
While all of these alterations are fantastic, the most basic change you can make is to taste your chili after it is done cooking and add a little more salt or pepper as needed. A teaspoon salt, a pinch of black pepper fresh out of the spice grinder and your chili will be perfected!
What to Serve With Chili
Chili pairs well with a lot of different toppings and sides. It really is an amazingly versatile dish that you can play around with and add to as you see fit. You can even make a whole chili bar at your next party or dinner get together as a fun an interactive way to eat. Here are our favorite ways to serve our spicy chili recipe:
- topped with sour cream
- served with diced avocado
- topped with fresh diced tomatoes
- sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese
- served over rice or egg noodles
- with a side of tortilla chips to scoop the chili
- with lime slices and tortilla strips mixed in
- sprinkled with extra cayenne pepper for some more delicious heat!
No matter how you serve your spicy chili, it is going to taste good and definitely become one of your go-to dinner recipes. Spicy chili Monday’s sounds like a fantastic idea! Head to your kitchen to cook this awesome recipe for chile, add some extra beans, top it with sour cream and maybe toss in a bell pepper or two- whatever you do, this recipe is a total win. Enjoy!Print
Spicy Stovetop Chili
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8
Have a bowl of homemade chili in front of you in no time with this fast recipe.
- 1 ½ lbs lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 2 small chopped onion (any color works!)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 x28oz can tomato juice
- 2 x14oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 x14oz cans kidney beans (rinsed)
- Brown the meat in a large pot and then drain excess fat
- Add the onions and seasoning in with the meat and sauté over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes
- Add the tomato juice, kidney beans and tomatoes into the mixture
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes (letting it cook longer is perfectly fine too!)
- Serve with your choice of toppings such as cheese, crackers, sour cream, etc.
- Saute a diced jalapeno pepper along with the ground beef and onion to add extra heat and extra flavor.
- Throw all the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high heat for 4 hours. Using your slow cooker will make this recipe even easier as you do not need to cook a thing. Dump everything in, give it a good stir and come back later to a perfectly cooked dinner.
- Adding vegetables to the chili is a great way to bulk it up, giving you a heartier chili. Add some zucchini, some bell peppers and maybe an extra can of beans (beans are very healthy!) to make the chili even more filling and satisfying.
- Place the chili in an airtight container and freeze it for up to three months. Whenever you need a quick dinner, pull it out and heat in the microwave. This recipe freezes quite well and you will love having a delicious diner option on hand.
Leave a Reply