If you love cookies that are loaded with delicious ingredients and quick to make, our monster cookies are the perfect recipe for you to try. You only need a few minutes of time to make these irresistible, homemade cookies that will have everyone in your family smiling.
Best Monster Cookie Recipe
We believe that the best recipes are those that are simple, fast and still totally delicious. Our monster cookies recipe definitely fits that description! With just a few basic ingredients, our cookies come together in a matter of minutes and bake just as quickly. You can enjoy them right out of the oven while they are still warm and gooey- you won’t be able to resist taking a bite before they have time to cool completely and we don’t blame you! These cookies are made to be devoured.
How to Make Monster Cookies
Monster cookies are a very simple cookie recipe that almost anyone will be able to make perfectly in just a few minutes. If you have ever made a homemade cookie recipe before, then the creaming method used in this recipe will be quite familiar! All you need is a stand mixer (a hand mixer will work perfectly too!), a measuring cup and a teaspoon. Here is how we put together these awesome cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a baking sheet with a silicone mat, parchment paper or just some cooking spray.
- Soften the unsalted butter and then place it in the stand mixer with the brown sugar and white sugar. Creamy the ingredients together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and creamy peanut butter to the mixer and blend until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients (cup of flour, teaspoons baking soda, half teaspoon salt, and half cup of oatmeal) and mix to form a nice dough.
- Add the m&m’s and mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet with parchment paper, making dough balls about 1/4 cup in size, and then place in the oven.
- Bake the cookies for about 9 minutes then remove the tray from the oven and let the cookies cool slightly before enjoying!
Our monster cookie recipe may be simple but the combination of m&m’s, chocolate chips, oatmeal and brown sugar make this recipe stand out. One bite of these loaded cookies and you will be hooked! They are guaranteed to be your new favorite cookie.
Can I Freeze Monster Cookie Dough?
If you love cookies and also love to meal prep, freezing cookie dough is an absolute must. Rather than bake all the monster cookies, place a few of the scooped cookie dough balls in an airtight container or gallon sized zippered freezer bag and place in the freezer. You can store the cookie dough for up to three months when wrapped well!
When you are ready to bake the frozen monster cookie dough, you can simply take the dough balls out of the freezer, place on a lined sheet tray and bake! The monster cookies can be baked from frozen dough but they will likely take a few more minutes to be perfectly browned. Freezing the dough is a great way to make fresh baked cookies very easily.
How Do You Stop Cookies From Spreading?
Anyone who has made homemade cookies knows that cookie dough can spread, giving you a massive, thin cookie rather than a thick, delicious cookie. Monster cookies should be thick! Here are a few tricks to prevent cookie dough from spreading:
- Use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper to line the tray rather than baking grease.
- Make sure your unsalted butter is soft but not melted.
- Do not over mix the dough. Once you add the dry ingredients, mix until the dough is just combined and then turn off your mixer.
- Only bake one tray of cookies at a time to prevent the oven from opening and closing. One tray in the middle of the oven will give you the best results.
- Make sure your cookie sheets are nice and flat. A warped tray will cause the dough to slide.
Follow these tips and your monster cookies recipe should keep their perfect shape as they bake.
How Do You Tell if a Cookie is Done?
Every oven is different and every cookie recipe will bake differently. So how do you know when your cookie recipes are cooked to perfection? Here are some things you should look for when you are checking to see if your monster cookies are done.
- The edges of the cookie should be golden brown while the center is still a lighter color.
- The center of the cookie should not look like raw dough, shiny and wet. Instead, it should look dull and slightly cooked.
- Tap the edge of the cookie. If you leave no fingerprint behind, the cookies are done. If there is a noticeable indent, the cookies need a few more minutes of time to cook.
- The edges of the monster cookies look slightly cracked and wrinkly
Cookies will get a little more firm as they cool so a slightly soft monster cookie will get harder once it is out of the oven. You want to be sure not to over bake! Follow these tips to tell if your monster cookies are done and your recipe will be a success!
We hope that you love our recipe for monster cookies and make it all the time (any time is a good time for monster cookies!). If you are interested in more great recipes from up, sign up with your email address to receive awesome, time saving recipes sent straight to your inbox. We have lots of great recipes that we know you will love. But for now, go enjoy this monster cookies recipe- it really is a winner!Print
These cookies are big, thick and full of chocolatey goodness. Make a few extra- you’re going to want them!
- 2 sticks of real butter
- 1 ½ cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla
- ¼ cup of peanut butter
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- ½ cup of mini M&Ms
- ½ cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Soften the butter then add to mixing bowl
- Add in sugar then mix on low
- Add in eggs, vanilla and peanut butter then mix on low again
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and oatmeal then mix on low until dough forms
- Use a spoon to stir in the chocolate chips and M&Ms
- Scoop ¼ cup balls of dough onto baking sheet
- Bake for approximately 9-10 minutes or until edges are light brown
- Make mini monster cookies by scooping the cookie dough into one inch balls. Bake the smaller cookies for about 6-7 minutes. The smaller cookies are perfect for kids or a party where your guests can just pop one cookie right into their mouths! It also helps make a lot more cookies out of the same recipe.
- Replace the vanilla extract with almond extract to compliment the peanut butter taste of the cookie recipe.
- Use two monster cookies to make a perfect ice cream sandwich. Place about a 1/2 cup of ice cream on one of the cookies and then top the 1/2 cup of ice cream with another cookie, sandwiching the ice cream in the middle. Wrap the ice cream sandwich and store in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy them. Or eat the cookies right away! A good monster cookie ice cream sandwich recipe is sure to be a hit this summer and they only take a few minutes to put together.