Creating a Mexican Hashbrown Casserole
This post brought to you by Simply Potatoes. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Simple Green Moms.
This thing called life has been on fast forward mode lately. Our daily routine looks a little something like this: wake up, make some coffee, then go go go! Of course being busy isn’t all that bad because it makes the workday go by super quick. But being busy has also given a whole new meaning to the simple saying ‘don’t blink’.
The one saving grace for us is crockpot dinners. Being able to toss a few things in the slower cooker and let it do its thing. Coming home to a fully cooked dinner. Um, yes please! And Simply Potatoes makes our slow-cooker recipes even better.
Hash Brown Potato Casserole
Simply Potatoes is a line of refrigerated, prepared potatoes proudly made by the Crystal Farms Company. Crystal Farms is also known for great-tasting, high-quality cheese, eggs, butter and English muffins found in the dairy section.
Simply Potatoes products are:
* Fresh, never frozen
* Located in the refrigerated dairy section
* Easy to prepare and have on hand – no peeling/shredding required
* Made with real ingredients
Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole
This particular recipe for Slow Cooker Mexican Hashbrown Casserole is one of our family favorites. It is super tasty and it is super easy to whip up thanks to Simply Potatoes. All you have to do is add in a few extra ingredients and let it cook itself into a flavor explosion!
We also love the fact that is feeds a small crowd. Everyone enjoys a serving. And everyone comes back for seconds. And just in case you want more, here is link with lots more Simply Potatoes Recipes.
More Simple Mexican Recipes
- 21 Healthy Dinner Recipes
- Healthy Mexican Rice Bowl
- Mexican Rice and Beans
- Crockpot Shredded Mexican Chicken
An easy way to have dinner hot and ready for the whole family every night!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 medium green pepper (chopped)
- 1 (14 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 package Simply Potatoes hashbrowns
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and sauté ground beef with the rest of the onion and green pepper for about 7-9 minutes or until meat is cooked and vegetables are soft.
- Reduce heat to medium-low then stir in remaining taco seasoning, green chilies, and stewed tomatoes. Stir in cream cheese.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Spread 1/2 of the hash brown mixture onto the bottom, layer half of the ground beef mixture, a half cup of the remaining cheddar cheese, the second half of the potatoes, the last half of the ground beef, and the last half cup of cheese.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours then serve with your choice of toppings such as tomatoes, avocados, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, and etc.