Hello there friends! Crockpot Shredded Mexican Chicken is probably the best thing ever. The whole chicken + salsa combination is over the top amazing…but then add in the the cream cheese and we are WAY over the top.
And we are telling you right now – 2 pounds of chicken seems like a lot but you need to make the whole thing. Just do it. Trust us. You are going to want leftovers for lunch tomorrow. And thanks to us being super bossy, you will have them now. You’re welcome.
But honestly. Sometimes you just need something simple to make for dinner. We are talking about something quick and delicious. Low maintenance. Ready without the fuss. So that settles it. Cheesy Crockpot Shredded Mexican Chicken is on the dinner menu tonight. Serve it over rice. In a tortilla. On a salad. Layered over chips. It is ALL good. There is honestly just so much to love about this recipe right now. As in go make this right now. Go go go!!
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 4 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Place chicken in the bottom of crockpot and top with salsa. Cook on high for about 6 hours.
- Add taco seasoning and cheese then use a fork to shred chicken
- Can be served over rice, in tortillas or with chips.