It’s time to get excited because this Skinny Fried Rice recipe is simple, delicious and way better than carry-out!
For starters, it only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably have on hand right now. One of those ingredients is a bag of coleslaw. Here’s a tip: add 1-2 bags of coleslaw veggies to your grocery list every week moving forward. =)
So the bag of coleslaw veggies adds a lot of ‘bulk’ to this dish without extra calories. We LOVE it when that happens! It basically means you can eat twice as much with half the guilt. Or something like that.
The point is, this recipe is a keeper! A weekly must-have. And best of all, the leftovers reheat perfectly for lunch (or breakfast) the next day.
Hope you Enjoy! =)Print
Skinny Fried Rice
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Gluten Free
A much healthier way to make fried rice that is still as delicious as any take-out version!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and cubed chicken breasts
- 1 (8oz) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 cups brown rice (cooked) we use the instant version
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- Heat one tablespoon of sesame oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and coleslaw veggies then cook for 1 minute.
- Add rice and chicken then cook for a few minutes. Turn to high-heat, add the other tablespoon of sesame oil and stir fry for a few more minutes.
- In a separate pan, cook the eggs for about 1-2 minutes or until just cooked. Add to rice and veggie mixture. Add rice vinegar and soy sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply