Buffalo Chicken Flatbread pizza
Everyone loves a good pizza recipe and now you can make a delicious, easy buffalo chicken flatbread pizza right at home. With just four essential ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time, you can have an amazing pizza on the table for lunch, dinner or just a mid-day snack!
Easy Flat Bread Pizza Recipe
While pizza is traditionally made with dough, a tomato-based sauce and some mozzarella and parmesan cheese, there are now thousands of variations of this classic combination. Pizza can be made on a flatbread instead of dough, with buffalo sauce instead of tomato sauce and with chicken instead of just cheese. That is the kind of pizza we are talking about!
Our recipe for buffalo chicken flatbread pizza is one that really embraces the freedom of recipe creativity. We use all the tricks in the book to add flavor and interest to the chicken pizza and we know that you will be impressed. In just five minutes of prep time, you will have a perfect meal cooking in the oven. Keep reading to find out more!
How to Make Flat Bread Pizza
Our chicken flatbread recipe only requires a few simple steps to put together. It may actually be the easiest pizza you have ever made (and one of the best pizzas you have ever eaten!). Take a look and you will see that this is definitely a recipe you can make:
- Place the flatbread on a baking sheet and heat in the oven for two minutes to soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients- shredded chicken, wing sauce, shredded cheese blend and onion and pepper (if using) to the top of the flatbread.
- Return the baking tray to the oven and cook for about 5 more minutes to melt the cheese, heat the chicken, and heat the pizza through. (Cook time may vary depending on how high your toppings are piled!).
- Remove the tray from the oven, slice the flatbread and serve!
When there is no raw dough involved, making pizza is super quick and extremely easy. Skipping the dough does not cut back on taste, just time! Using pre-cooked chicken will also save you time in the kitchen. So pick a flatbread that looks soft, delicious and is already conveniently made, ready to go in the grocery store- it is the start of an amazing meal.
Buffalo Pizza Toppings
We like to keep our recipes simple, getting maximum flavor with as few ingredients as possible. However, it is always nice to have a few optional extras just to add some more taste to a dish. Here are some toppings that go great with the buffalo chicken flatbread that we think you may like:
- Chop some fresh green onions and sprinkle over the top of the chicken flatbread after it has cooked. You can use green onions in place of the red onions in the recipe or add the green onions as an extra flavor booster.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup blue cheese over the top of the flatbread before it bakes, mixing the blue cheese in with the other shredded cheese. Blue cheese adds an incredible amount of flavor with such little effort!
- Dip the flatbread slices in ranch dressing or in blue cheese dressing. Both taste amazing when paired with buffalo chicken.
- Use ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing as the “sauce” on the flatbread. Spread about 1/3 of a cup of ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing over the flatbread before you add the rest of the ingredients in the recipe.
- Once the flatbread has come out of the oven, sprinkle with some extra hot sauce (about 1/4 cup will do!). Sriracha, more Franks wing sauce or any other hot sauce will work well.
Keep in mind that adding or changing toppings will alter the nutritional content of this recipe but will definitely add some great flavor!
Our Favorite Pizza Tools
While you really don’t’ need much in the way of tools in order to make this recipe, there are a few “luxury” items we love that make the flatbread easier to make and also add some flavor.
- A pizza stone is a great way to make the flatbread a little more crispy. The stone will help conduct the heat of the oven directly to the crust and cook it faster. Place the stone in the oven before you turn the oven on to preheat. Place the flatbread directly on the stone to cook and you will have a beautiful, crispy crust! It will also cut back on the cook time since the heat is completely on the crust.
- A smaller countertop convection oven or toaster oven is also a great tool to make this recipe in a hurry. A smaller oven will take less time to preheat, saving you some minutes of waiting. It will also save your electric bill since it is smaller and therefore costs less to heat up! The convection setting can cut back on the cook time as well.
- A nice pizza cutter is totally a luxury that you need, especially if you are going to make this flatbread all the time. It makes cutting the flatbread so much neater and uniform, giving your buffalo chicken pizza a nice even look. It also helps control portions so you will have accurate serving sizes!
Keep this recipe in mind the next time you are craving buffalo chicken, are looking for a quick meal or want something nice and easy to serve at a party (this is the perfect football game-watching meal!). Let us know what you think of this recipe by leaving a comment below. We also have tons of recipes you can search through to find something new and delicious. Type in a recipe you’d like to try in the search bar or just browse freely- you are sure to find some great things.Print
An easy way to make incredible, perfect buffalo pizzas at home.
- 2 slices of flatbread
- ½ cup cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 2–3 tablespoons Frank’s wing sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Provolone blend cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced purple onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup thinly slice green pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375(F) degrees and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Place flatbread on prepared sheet and bake for about two minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven. Top with chicken, wing sauce, cheese, onion and green pepper. Return to oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Top with more wing sauce and/or cheese if desired.
- If you search for Franks wing sauce and have no luck, any brand of hot sauce will do. You can replace the buffalo style hot sauce in this recipe for any of your favorite hot sauce brands. If you want a little more of that buffalo flavor, increase the buffalo sauce quantity to about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup. More sauce also means more flavor!
- Using ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing as a sauce is a great idea and gives this buffalo chicken flatbread a whole lot of extra flavor. Spread it over the flatbread before adding the chicken, buffalo sauce and 1/2 cup of shredded cheeses. The crust may not be quite as crunchy but it will sure taste amazing!
- Sprinkling green onions, some blue cheese crumbles or even some chopped fresh avocado over the flatbread after it bakes is a great and easy way to add flavor. Keep these ingredients on hand so you are ready to make this recipe anytime!