Buffalo chicken bites
Everyone loves an easy appetizer recipe and our buffalo chicken bites are not only easy to make but completely packed with flavor. Pop one of these tasty chicken bites in your mouth and you will be reaching for another one for sure!
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Bites
Some of the best recipes are the ones that are the most simple. This buffalo chicken recipe is definitely one of those easy, basic recipes that creates a purely fantastic food using minimal ingredients. Just five ingredients is all you will need to make this fantastic appetizer which, we think, is good enough to enjoy as a whole meal too! Take a look at how we put these tasty chicken bites together and you will be running to the kitchen to make your own batch.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Bites
Our buffalo chicken cups are very fast to put together, requiring just a few minutes of prep time and then the oven does the rest of the work. Once you put the boneless chicken bites in the oven, you won’t have to wait long as they only require about 8-10 minutes of cook time before they are perfectly baked and ready to eat. Here is how we make our tasty buffalo chicken bites:
- Mix shredded rotisserie chicken, cream cheese, Mexican cheese blend and buffalo sauce together in a large bowl.
- Spray a mini muffin tin and carefully press a wonton wrapper into each muffin cup, making the wonton into it’s own little cup.
- Scoop the buffalo chicken mixture into the wonton cup, filling it to the top and then sprinkle with some extra cheese.
- Bake the buffalo chicken bites until the wonton wrappers are golden brown around the edges, about 10 minutes of cook time.
- Remove from the oven and let the bites cool in the pan slightly before popping them out and enjoy!
It is hard to believe that such a tasty, flavor packed food can be made with such simple ingredients. These are definitely going to be a show stopper at your next party. Of course, you don’t need a party to make these bites- you can definitely enjoy them on your own anytime!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Appetizers
Chicken is one of those magical foods that everyone loves. Who can resist a good chicken dish?! Buffalo chicken especially is a favorite of many and has solidified it’s place on many party buffet line ups. However, most of the time, buffalo chicken is served as buffalo wings. A boneless chicken wings recipe is probably the most common way to enjoy buffalo sauce. We have all served up some wings with blue cheese dressing at a party before!
However, buffalo wings can be messy and not always something people want to eat at a party- that sauce gets everywhere! They can also take a while to put together from scratch. The coated chicken pieces need to be dipped in a flour mixture, fried and covered in sauce. There is definitely a lot of prep time involved.
If you really want to give your guests that buffalo wing taste without the mess and with much less cooking time, our easy buffalo chicken bites are the solution! They are still packed with that buffalo wings flavor but in a much neater, easier to eat package. Your guests will need way less napkins to enjoy these bites than wings!
Buffalo Chicken Bites Meal
Our bites are super delicious as an appetizer but we also enjoy eating them as a full meal. A few tasty bites and you will be pleasantly full! We love pairing these chicken bites with these sides:
- A cups of blue cheese dressing or sauce
- Ranch dressing drizzled over the top
- Extra buffalo sauce as a dip
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- a side salad
Since our buffalo chicken bites are so versatile, you can really enjoy them any time with anything. Let us know what you pair these bites with and leave a reply below. We love to hear how you made our recipes into awesome meals!
Buffalo Chicken Shortcuts
One of the main reasons why we love this recipe is because it is so quick to put together. It is way easier than any other buffalo chicken dishes that you may have tried. Here is why it is so fast:
- Using rotisserie chicken prevents you from having to cook boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs to shred. The rotisserie chicken is easy to shred into chicken pieces and has a great taste that goes with the cuisine American style of this buffalo chicken.
- The wonton wrappers are easy to use and quick to make into a little convenient cup.
- There is no need to make a flour mixture or breading to dip the chicken in- you just need to mix everything in one bowl and you’re done.
- There is no frying involved in this recipe but rather the oven does all the cooking. Not only is this easier than making fried chicken wings, but it also cuts back on the fat meaning our buffalo bites are a healthier, low fat option when compared to wings.
Our recipe still gives you the crunchy, crispy texture that you may love about wings thanks to the wonton wrapper cups. They are easier to make and serve than a chicken zingers recipe or buffalo wings recipe. They are also healthier, containing much less fat than any fried chicken. We know that once you take the time to try this recipe, it will become a staple at your game day parties or for a fun, tasty weeknight meal. We hope you enjoy it!Print
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 24 1x
An easy appetizer that is loaded with flavor in every bite- everyone will love these easy to eat bites!
- 2 cups shredded or pulled deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 3-lb chicken)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
- 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce
- 24 wonton skins
- Sliced green onion tops, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, cream cheese, 1 cup of the Mexican cheese and the Buffalo wing sauce until well blended.
- Place 1 wonton skin in each muffin cup. Spoon chicken mixture evenly into cups.
- Bake 6 minutes. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the remaining Mexican cheese into each cup. Bake 2 minutes longer or until wontons are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Garnish with green onion tops. Serve warm.
- Drizzle some ranch dressing sauce or blue cheese sauce over the bites after they come out of the oven for some extra flavor.
- Make bigger buffalo chicken cups by using large wonton wrappers and pressing them into regular sized muffin tins rather than mini tins. This is perfect for individually sized meal cup servings that are a great dinner option.
- Make your own blue cheese sauce to dip your buffalo cup into. Heat about a cup of blue cheese with 3 tablespoons of buttermilk, 1 clove of minced garlic and about 2 tablespoons of sour cream. A cup of homemade sauce takes these bites to the next level!
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
These little bites are such a great savoury snack… they look so cute too. Definitely going to be making the recipe as I have a house warming party to attend and an appetizer to bring, I have a feeling these buffalo chicken bites are perfect for that!
They are delicious! Let us know how you like them Thalia! =)