Chocolate lovers. Cake lovers. Birthday lovers: We made this Chocolate Chip Birthday Cake just for you!
Oh-my-lordy-this-cake! The basic idea is to take a box of white cake mix and change up the add-ins to make the most perfect blend of chocolate chip cookie flavor in a true cake-like texture. Like whoa! Go ahead and just let that all soak in for a few moments.
The cake mix add-ins are simple:
Coconut Oil + Milk + Eggs + Vanilla + Chocolate Chips
Chocolate chip cookie flavor. Cake texture. Surprises in the center. We are thinking you need to plan a practice birthday party with this one tomorrow. And invite us.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 16oz chocolate frosting
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350(F) degrees and prepare two (9 inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, milk, vanilla, coconut oil and ½ of the chocolate chips until thoroughly combined. Divide batter evenly into two round cake pans and cook for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully remove both cakes from oven and let cool for about half an hour. Place the first cake on a serving platter. Top with frosting, sprinkles and remainder of the chocolate chips.
- Place second cake on top and press down gently. Evenly cover the cake with the remainder of the frosting.