This recipe is actually inspired by one of our all-time favorite foods: MARINARA SAUCE. That is a food group in itself you know. It goes good on practically everything. And it went especially well with this creamy comforting dish.
It would certainly make the perfect weeknight meal when you want to make something a little extra special. And best of all, this reheats like a champ. In fact, the leftovers are just as good if not better than the first time around.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
Simple Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Author: Simple Green Moms
- 1 (16oz) package jumbo pasta shells cooked al dente and well drained
- 1 (24oz) jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 7 cups baby spinach chopped (fresh or frozen works)
- 1 ½ cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella (divided)
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 425(F) degrees and spread 1 cup marinara in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet to medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute. Add chopped spinach and sauté until wilted (about 3 minutes).
- Toss spinach mixture into a large mixing bowl then add in ricotta, half of the mozzarella, cottage cheese, egg, and seasonings.
- Fill each shell with the mixture, then place in prepare baking dish. Once the pan is full, spread remaining marinara sauce and cheese evenly across the top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.