Easy to assemble layers of potatoes, carrots and beef make this a pretty and complete meal.
- 2 lbs. of russet potatoes, peeled cubed
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup milk
- sea salt + black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 bag baby carrots (chopped or shredded)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beef stock or broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- dash of paprika
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender (about 12 minutes). While potatoes boil, blend cream cheese, egg yolk and milk.
- Once potatoes are tender, carefully drain them and place in a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese mixture in with potatoes and continue blending until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook meat in a non-stick skillet over high heat. Add chopped carrots and onions to skillet and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat. Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce then continue to cook for a few minutes. Add gravy mixture to the meat mixture.
- Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick spray and preheat broiler to high. Spread meat and vegetable mixture in bottom of prepared dish. Evenly spoon potatoes over the meat then sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place in oven (broiler) for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.