Simple Sheperd’s Pie is what winter dreams are made of. It is warm. Comforting. And seriously satisfying.
Plus the recipe is far easier to make than it looks. It requires simple ingredients. Simple seasonings. And just 1 hour from start to finish. This is definitely a meal your whole family is going to love.
Hope you enjoy! =)
Simple Shepherd's Pie
Author: Simple Green Moms
Recipe type: Gluten Free
- 2 lbs. of russet potatoes, peeled cubed
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup milk
- sea salt + black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 bag baby carrots (chopped or shredded)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beef stock or broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- dash of paprika
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender (about 12 minutes). While potatoes boil, blend cream cheese, egg yolk and milk.
- Once potatoes are tender, carefully drain them and place in a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese mixture in with potatoes and continue blending until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook meat in a non-stick skillet over high heat. Add chopped carrots and onions to skillet and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat. Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce then continue to cook for a few minutes. Add gravy mixture to the meat mixture.
- Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick spray and preheat broiler to high. Spread meat and vegetable mixture in bottom of prepared dish. Evenly spoon potatoes over the meat then sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place in oven (broiler) for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.