Simple chicken parmesan
There are many nights when you may be looking for a quick and easy meal. When those busy nights come around, our recipes for simple chicken parmesan is the one that you should choose!
Quick Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Chicken parmesan is a meal that pretty much everyone loves. How can you go wrong with juicy chicken, delicious parmesan cheese and tasty marinara sauce? These classic flavors just go together so well! Our recipe will show you how to make an easy chicken parmesan recipe in just a few minutes time so you can have a delicious dinner on the table quickly. You are going to love this amazing chicken parmesan and surely make it one of your go-to recipes.
How to Make Baked Chicken Parm
Making our chicken parmesan is very simple. In fact, it will only take you about ten minutes of prep time to put together. Traditionally, chicken parmesan is dipped in an egg mixture followed by bread crumbs and then fried in a skillet. Not only does coating the chicken take a while, but frying it means you have to be in the kitchen the whole cooking time.
Our recipe not only simplifies the chicken coating but we also bake the chicken in the oven which means you can pop the tray into the oven and come back later when the chicken is cooked! So much easier and also healthier too! Take a look at the few, fast steps that you will follow to make our easy chicken parmesan.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and pour the marinara sauce into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix the grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl then dip the chicken breast into the cheese mix. Place the coated chicken into the prepared baking dish, laying it right on top of the pasta sauce.
- Place the chicken in the oven and bake for 15 mins.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top of the chicken and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
- Serve the chicken while hot over your favorite pasta or enjoy on it’s own.
Making amazing chicken parmesan has never been easier than with this simple recipe that only takes a few minutes of time! All the flavor of the classic dish is there but you can make the recipe in a fraction of the time. This recipe is a clear winner.
Healthy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Not only is our simple chicken parmesan recipe easy and quick to make, but it is also healthy. One chicken breast and about 1 1/2 cups of pasta only has about 307 calories! Here are a few other ways in which our easy chicken parmesan is healthier than the traditional chicken parm:
- No bread crumbs makes the chicken gluten free
- The recipe is baked in the oven rather than deep fried, cutting back on unhealthy saturated fat
- Our recipe uses gluten free pasta to keep the whole dish gluten free
- The chicken and cheese makes for a perfect low carb protein option (choose a low carb sauce to make it completely keto!).
It is always great when you can take a classic dinner recipe and make it even better by choosing healthier ingredients and cooking methods. We have done just that with this recipe and, while our easy chicken parmesan may be healthier, it is still loaded with delicious flavors!
Make Ahead Chicken Parmesan
This recipe is perfect for making in advance. You can easily bake the chicken fully, wrap it in an airtight container or cover the dish in plastic wrap and then take it out whenever you are ready to eat. It reheats fantastically! You can choose to reheat the chicken parmesan in the oven or in the microwave for an even faster way to get your meal nice and hot.
- Reheat in the Oven- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and then place the entire tray of chicken parmesan back in the oven. Heat for 8 minutes and then serve.
- Reheat in the Microwave- Place the chicken and sauce on a microwave-safe plate and put a microwave cover over the top to prevent the chicken from drying out and the sauce from splashing. Heat for about 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat and then serve.
While the chicken reheats wonderfully, we do recommend making the gluten-free pasta when you are ready to eat. Gluten free pasta tends to get sticky as it sits so it is best when made fresh. Of course, you can use any kind of pasta, gluten free or traditional- they will both work!
You also may want to make a double batch of this easy chicken parmesan recipe and then freeze some of it for later, saving you time in the future when you need something easy for dinner. If you have ever wondered if you can freeze cooked chicken parmesan, the answer is yes! The pasta sauce helps to keep the baked chicken parm nice and tender, preventing it from drying out in the freezer. To reheat the frozen chicken parm, pop it into the microwave and use the defrost setting to help thaw it quickly.
Once you make this recipe for chicken parmesan once, we know you will want to make it again and again. It is just so easy, so delicious and so healthy! If you are interested in other quick, time saving recipes, sign up for our emails to have easy recipe ideas sent right to your inbox. We’d also love to hear how much you enjoyed this chicken dish so let us know in the comments below! We hope you enjoyed this chicken recipe as much as we do.Print
A fast and easy way to make a classic dish.
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts (boneless/skinless)
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- 8oz of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- 1 (16oz) box of pasta (we used gluten free)
- sea salt + black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450(F) degrees and prepare a 9×13 pan with marinara sauce. Roll each chicken breast in a mixture of Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper then place on top of marinara sauce.
- Bake for about 15 minutes then carefully remove pan from oven. Top each chicken breast with mozzarella cheese then bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, cook pasta according to package directions. Once everything is done, serve each chicken breast and a couple spoonfuls of marinara over pasta.
- If you want to make this recipe a little more traditional, mix about a cup of bread crumbs in with the parmesan cheese and dip the chicken breast into the bread crumbs mixture. This will add a little bit of that classic breading taste and texture that you may enjoy. To make the coating even thicker, dip the chicken in an egg mixture of egg and milk before dipping it into the cheese and breadcrumbs. This will take a little more prep time but will give you a nice, thick, breaded chicken.
- Rather than use store bought marinara sauce, make your own, homemade tomato sauce. You will need about 4 cups of homemade sauce to bake the chicken in.
- Use fresh mozzarella cheese in place of pre-shredded mozzarella. Use a cheese slicer or sharp knife to cut the fresh cheese into thin slices and place it over the top of the chicken after the first 15 mins of cooking time.