Start this stew in the morning and come back at dinner time to find a yummy dinner, ready to enjoy!
- 2lb. beef roast cut into small chunks (about 2 inch pieces)
- 1lb. bag of carrots (peeled and diced)
- 8–10 medium size potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 small yellow onions (peeled and diced)
- 64oz of tomato juice
- sea salt + black pepper (to taste)
- Cook beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once meat starts to brown, add in chopped onion, salt and pepper. Continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes or until meat is browned.
- Transfer beef into a large crockpot then add carrots and potatoes in along with more salt and pepper. Cover the meat and vegetables with tomato juice.
- Cook on high for 6-8 hours or until the potatoes and carrots are done. Serve with toppings of choice.
After about 6 hours, we like to take a sturdy spoon and stir everything around. It makes the meat, carrots and potatoes fall apart into more of a stew-like texture.