This Quick Chicken Fajita recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner that comes together quickly. Our families love this and actually prefer it to the restaurants most days. Plus it is perfectly balanced and super tasty!
This is always on the weekly rotation in our households.
The simple recipe is posted below. And before you ask, the answer is yes. You could certainly use something other than coconut oil (like olive oil). But the coconut oil really truly adds some extra flavor and it gives the peppers and onions a perfectly crisp texture. So we are not going to tell you what to do – but we are going to highly suggest you choose to make this with coconut oil.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast (sliced in strips)
- 1 cup purple onion (julienned)
- 1 red or yellow pepper (julienned)
- 1 green pepper (julienned)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sea salt + black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté peppers and onions until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining coconut oil, chicken strips, seasoning and lemon juice. Mix well and continue to cook over medium-high heat for 7-9 minutes or until cooked through.
- Return pepper mixture to skillet and let cook together for a few minutes. Remover from heat and serve over rice or with warm tortillas. =)