This is definitely banana bread at its finest. Its moment of glory. Two Bananas. One Avocado. Zero Gluten. Amazing would be a complete understatement.
What you have here, is an incredibly satisfying, hearty loaf of bread that is sure to be your next favorite. Plus it is simple to make. We stuck with the absolute essentials on this one and it came out of the oven delicious as can be. I am telling you now – if there were such a thing as eating too much banana bread, we would be in a world of trouble friends.
The worst part about the whole thing is waiting. Patience is not exactly one of our strongest qualities. The loaf itself has to bake for about a half an hour. Not bad. Plenty of time to tidy up the house and/or take a quick cat nap. Then comes the whole patience thing. Because this banana bread is so moist, it is honestly best to let the loaf cool for about an hour before you slice it. Once it cools, it slices so smooth and pretty. And it avoids frying your taste buds.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 2 cups oat flour (or combination of oat/almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk (we used almond milk)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375(F) degrees and prepare a bread pan with nonstick spray. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients in a high speed blender for about 30 seconds. Pour the blender ingredients into the flour mixture. Stir until evenly combined then pour into prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 35-37 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Carefully remove from oven and let cool before serving.