There’s no question about it, a Vitamix blender is in a class of its own. For nearly 100 years, the makers of Vitamix have been perfecting this powerful blender. And with its high-voltage speed, a Vitamix blender can pulverize pretty much anything you put inside of it – from the tiniest seed (that many blenders overlook) to whole fruits or even sticky dough. However, there are some unique Vitamix alternative options that you might not have considered.
What features does the Vitamix have that make it such a one-of-a-kind piece of equipment? It offers a unique, aircraft-grade stainless steel blade that leaves no stone unturned when it comes to blending. Plus, its friction blades are so fast that you can actually heat your soup right inside it, without using your stove!
It has a nice, large 64-ounce container and variable speed control that allows YOU to be in control of the blending. And no matter how hard the Vitamix may be working, it’s cool-running motor stays cool and keeps an even torque giving you the kind of consistent power you need to create fabulous dishes.
Key Options to Consider
- Extremely durable. Vitamix blenders are all made in the USA and backed by a full, 10-year warranty.
- The Vitamix pulverizes coffee beans, nuts, fruits, nuts, and just about anything else with its high-horsepower motor.
- Make family meals, smoothies, soups, and even ice cream in the Vitamix in just a few minutes.
- Easy to clean. Food residue wipes off easily with warm, soapy water.
These are all great features, but what if you simply don’t want to spend that much money on a blender? Or, it’s not a money issue – you just want to try something different. We have evaluated some outstanding alternatives to consider. They may not have all the features of a Vitamix, but each one is a high-quality blender that includes some features similar to a Vitamix blender, and some options even have a few unique features of their own.
The Blendtec Classic Total Blender is an option that is very similar to the Vitamix in price, style, and capability. It is also made in the US and backed by an eight-year warranty. This commercial-grade blender has many great features such as:
- Three-peak horsepower motor that can blend even the toughest ingredients.
- Six different pre-programmed cycles including ice cream, smoothie, whole juice, hot soup, batters, and ice crush.
- Four-side blending jar made of BPA free Tritan co-polyester and fitted with a secure, vented lid.
Like the Vitamix blender, the Breville Hemisphere Control Blender is designed to pulverize food and create delicious snacks, meals, and beverages. However, it is a little less expensive (and slightly less powerful). But power may not be everything. This blender has some unique features including:
- Innovative hemisphere blade system that evenly processes ingredients by pulling down those that tend to float to the top and get missed by other blenders.
- An LCD timer which counts down or counts up for your pre-programmed settings.
- Large, six cup capacity container with unique dual ribs that pass ingredients onto the blade for smoother processing.
The Oster Versa Pro Series Blender is simple to use, versatile, and precise in its performance. It offers strong, stainless steel blades, similar to the Vitamix that can crush and blend most ingredients that you fill it with.
- Great value for the price. This blender is very powerful, yet less pricey than some of its competitors.
- Its versatile design allows you to make a variety of tasty treats and beverages including smoothies, nut butters, soups, and even dips and spreads.
- Low profile jar that makes this blender fit easily under most kitchen cabinets while still holding a large volume of ingredients.
The Ninja Professional Blender is a significantly less expensive alternative to the Vitamix, plus it is rated an Amazon’s choice blender. It includes one 72-ounce pitcher plus two 16-ounce Nutri Ninja Cups with lids. Notable features include:
- Nutri Ninja cups with their own “to-go” lids that allow you to blend single-servings of your favorite smoothies and beverages for an on-the-go treat.
- Easy cleanup with dishwasher-safe parts.
- Unique, nutrient and vitamin extraction technique for power-packed healthy treats.
This KitchenAid 5-Speed Diamond Blender comes in an attractive, empire red finish. It is significantly less costly than a Vitamix and can hold up to 60 ounces of ingredients. It is also available in other vibrant colors.
- Durable, BPA free pitcher that is stain and scratch resistant, plus it is dishwasher safe.
- Sturdy, die-cast metal base that includes five different pre-programmed speed settings.
- A soft-start feature that gently pulls the food into its blade before increasing in speed to pulverize it.
Unlike the other Vitamix alternatives, the Nutribullet is designed to make 1-2 servings at a time. It comes with 12 pieces including its power base, one tall cup, two short cups, two resealable lids, two blades, a pocket nutritionist, and a manual that includes recipes.
- Powerful, 600-watt motor with high-torque base.
- Its ability to powerfully crack through seeds, skin, and stems to extract nutrients.
- Easy to use for adults and kids alike.