Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins by the dozen please and thank you! This recipe actually makes about 18 muffins but we won’t count the other six you are going to eat for breakfast tomorrow morning. Shhh. Your secrets are safe with us! Anyways. Its ok you know. Because these here tasty cookie muffins are basically a pan full of the best things in life: bananas, oatmeal, and dark chocolate chips. Like YUM!
I originally decided to make these cookie muffins because there was a bag full of extra dark chocolate chips in our freezer just dying to be eaten. We keep them in the freezer because – well you know – out of sight out of mind. But every single time someone walks by our freezer door you can hear the little boogers screaming EAT ME EAT ME EAT ME. Chocolate is so good when it’s cold. Just saying.
The more important point of the story is that I decided to give into temptation this weekend and made a big batch of healthy chocolate chip cookies muffins. For sharing purposes of course. Best. Choice. Ever. We are talking melt in your mouth died and went to heaven twice kind of yummy.
Oh and have we mentioned that all you have to do is toss the ingredients into the blender before baking? Um hello sweet things. Told you making these cookie muffins was by far the BEST CHOICE like EVER!
- 2 ½ cups almond flour (and/or oat flour)
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey (or agave)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare two muffin pans with non-stick spray
- Mix all of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a high-speed blender until evenly combined
- Stir in the dark chocolate chips then evenly divide mixture into prepared muffin pans
- Baked for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown