There are so many reason why juicing is so beneficial! But we know no one really wants to spend hours upon hours reading so let’s get right to the point: Crisp Veggies. Ripe Fruit. Blended together in a great tasting juice. Now that is something to feel good about.
Completing a Mini Juice Cleanse
The thing is. Fruit + Veggie Juices require hardly any digestion, so all of the vitamins and minerals are rapidly absorbed in your system which gives your digestive tract a nice little break. I know what you are thinking – why in the world does my digestive system need a break!
Even though it is something you probably don’t spend much time thinking about, the whole process of digestion takes a lot of time and energy from your body. Just think how tired you get after a heavy meal. Food is exhausting.
So when you drink juice instead of eating a meal, it frees up some of that energy so your body can work on other important things like detoxifying your liver and kidneys. Trust us on this one. You don’t even want to know how backed up your livers and kidneys are from years and years and years of eating processed junk food. We are talking about 5-10 pounds of toxic build up just sitting in your digestive tract. Totally gross!
Healthy Juice Options
The good news is, you can easily start <to put it nicely> eliminating all of that backlog without needing to take extreme measures. Our favorite mini juice detox is super simple to follow and doesn’t require anything extreme. We like to do this a couple of times a week and have noticed incredibly fast results!
HOW TO DO A MINI JUICE DETOX
1. Drink a big glass of water first thing in the morning <add lemon for an extra detoxifying boost>
2. Sip 16-24oz of fruit + veggie juice over the course of the morning
3. Drink another big glass of water before lunch <add lemon for an extra detoxifying boost>
4. Eat a vegan style lunch <such as rice + beans with avocado or quinoa pasta with roasted veggies + marinara>
Two quick things to keep in mind.
- Meat and dairy are harder for your system to digest which is why we avoid them for a meal or two after juicing. Eating a vegan style lunch + dinner allows you to eat real food while still giving your body a break to cleanse. If you really need some protein, stick with eggs
- Your body naturally starts to cleanse itself while you sleep every night so it is best to juice first thing in the morning, as opposed to after breakfast or lunch, because your body has already gotten a little head start.
- For all those juicing fanatics, check our guide to the best high volume juicers!
Easy Juice Cleanse
And that is it friends. Told you it was super easy to do a Mini Juice Detox! But please keep in mind, we are not doctors. Shocker, I know! I can hear the gasps all the way from here. This is a juicing technique that my post-baby nutritionist recommended and it has stuck around ever since. We love it and it works great for us. Here are some of the immediate results we have noticed:
· Improved focus and mental clarity
· Clearer skin/less wrinkles
· Better digestion and elimination
· Tons more energy!
· Improved mood/less anxiety
· Decreased body fat/cellulite
Most importantly – those bright colored juices are going to make you GLOW! Seriously. When you juice, you are able to consume way more fruits and vegetables than you normally eat at one time. All of those plant-based nutrients, that would be impossible to devour otherwise, will give you a glow like no other. People are going to wonder what the heck has gotten into you!
Could you please share your juicing recipes? This looks like a great little detox for beginners.
I second that! Can’t wait to see some of these juicing recipes