We are taking things back to the basics with a delicious Cilantro Lime Rice recipe that is going to rock your world! It honestly goes good with just about anything.
The recipe is quick. Simple. And requires just a few simple ingredients that will add a giant burst of flavor to your next meal. You can top it with avocado. Sauteed veggies. Grilled Chicken. Beans. Or heck, you can top it off with scrambled eggs + salsa and call it breakfast! You can see why it has quickly became our go-to recipe.
Hope you Enjoy! =)Print
Give your rice an awesome upgrade with this recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice (or other kind)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro (chopped)
- juice of 1 lime
- sea salt + black pepper (to taste)
- Bring water to boil in a large sauce pan. Add rice, cover and reduce to low heat.
- Let simmer until all liquid evaporates (about 40 minutes). Leave the lid on the pot and remove from heat. Let sit for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove lid. Fluff with fork. Add lime juice, olive oil, salt/pepper and cilantro. Mix until evenly combined then serve or store in refrigerator for later.