The Blendtec Total Blender is one of the top-selling blenders on the market today. It is a family-owned company that designs and engineers all its products right here in the US. It uses commercial-grade standards on all its products and each blender is backed by a manufacturer’s warranty. If you have any doubt that this is one heavy-duty blender, check out Blendtec’s YouTube channel “Will It Blend” where founder Tom Dickson blends anything and everything that will fit inside a Blendtec (including a Barbie doll and an Apple Watch).
There is no question that Blendtec is a high quality blender. However, are there Blendtec alternatives available that compare closely? We examine 7 options that offer similar quality without the premium price.
What Makes Blendtec Unique?
So what makes this blender so unique? First, it has an unbreakable drive socket. This socket is so strong that is will never slip or break, unlike other blenders that use plastic parts to spin the blades. Blendtec also uses the most powerful motors in the industry. With commercial grade strength, you can blend restaurant quality smoothies at home. Blendtec comes with an extremely durable safety blade. Plus, it blends at 300 miles per hour using a blunt blade that pulverizes virtually anything that fits inside its container.
Today, we are looking at the Blendtec Total Blender Classic with Four Side Jar. This classic from Blendtec started the four-side jar revolution. It is high-voltage with 1,560-watt power and like other Blendtec blenders, it will pulverize just about anything.
The Blendtec Classic includes six pre-programmed cycles including batter, ice crush, smoothie, hot soup, whole juice, and ice cream. This blender is 15.5 inches tall, fits under most countertops and uses American made, BPA free materials for its jar. However, to get all these great features, you have to pay a premium. So, is it possible to get the same kind of results with a less expensive blender? Let’s take a look at some alternative options to the Blendtec.
The Ninja Professional is a powerful and popular blender that is available at a much more economic price than the Blendtec. It is ideal for making great drinks and smoothies, and all its parts are BPA free. This blender’s most notable features include:
- 1000-watt professional power for perfect blending.
- Large, 72oz pitcher so you can make large batches of your favorite treats.
- Locking lid with pouring spout to prevent messes.
The KitchenAid 5-Speed Classic Blender is robust and powerful with stainless steel blades and electronic controls. Not only does it blend fruits, veggies, ice, and other foods well, it is an attractive blender that compliments any countertop. Some of its best features include:
- Intellispeed motor control that maintains the most optimal speed while blending.
- Clean touch control panel with five different speeds including chop, stir, mix, purify, and liquify.
- 56oz BPA-free pitcher that comes with a stay-put lid and two-ounce ingredient cap.
This Oster Counterforms Blender is a highly durable blender with an all-metal drive that is backed by a 10-year warranty. It is powerful, versatile, and easy to clean with its dishwasher-safe Boroclass glass jar. This blender’s top features are:
- Pre-programmed one-touch start buttons that take the guesswork out of blending.
- High-performance blender with 1000 power watts and 600 blending watts.
- Dual direction, stainless steel blades that you can put in reverse to free up jams.
The COSORI Smoothie Blender is a personal size blender ideal for making on-the-go individual blended drinks. It is small, but powerful – pulverizing fruits, vegetables, and ice in a matter of seconds. Plus, its container also works as a cup. Some of the COSORI blender’s best features include:
- On-the-go accessories like two 32oz bottles and one 24oz bottle with lids, a cleaning brush, and travel lid.
- Three button setting to select your precise level of blending.
- Includes a recipe book loaded with great-tasting easy-to-make smoothies and treats.
- Innovative design for smooth, easy blending.
- LCD timer that can count up and down for pre-programmed settings.
- Large, 48oz jug with six cup capacity for blending large batches.
Hamilton Beach’s Professional Quiet Blender delivers high-powered blending without as much noise as many of its competitors. It has variable speed dials, pre-programmed settings, and the ability to blend at speeds of up to 105mph.
- A removable quiet shield that quiets the loud noise of blending.
- Durable stainless-steel blades that can cut through the toughest ingredients.
- BPA-free, shatterproof 32oz jar that is dishwasher safe.