Oven Gloves and Mitts Reviewed
Oven mitts are a necessity for those who are constantly working with food and around hot surfaces. But, you need more than an average oven mitt—you need something that is going to move from the stove top to the outdoor grill too. Oven mitts are not only a cookers friend, they are necessary to minimize cooking hazards and burns.
We reviewed the available options and selected the 5 best oven gloves. We have included our 3 top choices below. Each choice includes a detailed review below.
- Ekogrips BBQ Oven Gloves
- Oven Gloves Certified to 932°F
- KITCHEN PERFECTION Silicone Smoker Oven Gloves
Ekogrips BBQ Oven Gloves
Now you can protect your hands the smart way, with oven mitts that really are effective! These protect you from burns and other cooking accidents up to 425 degrees. And, can you believe that they are backed by Martha Stewart ‘The Queen of the Kitchen’?
Absolutely—you will find these are some of the most versatile; and they are also waterproof. They come in three sizes so there is always going to be a pair to fit anyone! Because you often have to handle very hot cuts of meat when grilling, you need oven gloves with extra dexterity.
- Easily grip meat without slippage (during cooking).
- Cleaning them is very easy and you can do so wearing them with soap and water.
- High dexterity level so you’ll have them for years.
Oven Gloves Certified to 932°F Heat Resistant
When you’re working with food over extreme temperatures, these heat resistant gloves are the perfect fit for you. In fact, they provide the highest-level protection for temperatures up to 925 degrees. These are thick but they provide better mobility than other heat retardant gloves.
You won’t find the fingers to be stiff on these at all. And these offer so much versatility! You can use them when you’re smoking meats, or when you’re baking in the oven. Whatever you need them for they come to the ready and give superior protection.
Let’s just say it is your first-time cooking over a fire pit. Well, these gloves ensure you’ll have a safe and enjoyable cooking experience! We recommend them every time you plan on smoking your food as temperatures are often higher with this method.
- Available in three colors: black, blue, and dark grey.
- Aramid fibers ensure better protection and safety under any cooking scenario.
- Silicone heat resistant exterior design.
- These don’t cause your hands to sweat when wearing them like some cooking mitts do.
- Provides protection at the highest temperature setting.
Heat Resistant Oven Gloves
These gloves are comfortable and safe when cooking. They come in one large size, so while not a fit for everyone, they are great for those that work with them. Fire Fighters are even known to take advantage of these gloves, depending on the job duty.
They are great for use around a fireplace, so if you like roasting hot dogs are marshmallows, perhaps you want to consider these? These are lightweight, innovative and more than efficient for any kind of cooking need, regardless of what it might be. However, we don’t recommend these in extremely high temperatures.
- Available in multiple sizes.
- Can withstand temperatures up to 480 degrees.
- Offers extended protection for the wrist and lower forearm.
- Still gives great flexibility when wearing so the user doesn’t feel restricted.
- Perfect for handling any hot surface around your house.
Homwe Professional Silicone Oven Mitt
We’ve all probably burned our forearm while cooking—due to a short oven mitt? These mitts ensure added protection and the award quilted comfort as well. You won’t feel clumsy when wearing these either.
These are also waterproof and the silicone used to make them is 100% FDA approved, so that is a huge plus! They are also machine washable, meaning you can hand wash them, put them in the washer, or actually toss in the dishwasher with other items to be cleaned.
These gloves won’t come out misshapen and they maintain their integrity. They are heat resistant up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, so the perfect mitts for baking, cooking, or possibly even grilling.
- Available in multiple colors.
- Offers great flexibility when grasping any pot, pan or other cooking utensil.
- Can be cleaned easily and maintains shape.
- Not only do these protect hands and forearms from burns but they also protect from scalds while cooking pasta.
- Provides good longevity.
These gloves are flame retardant and heat resistant, offering a great level of protection when cooking under multiple conditions. In fact, these are great for ‘all-around-cooking’ up to 475 degrees. These handy gloves are also the perfect cooking aids when you’re grilling out or you plan on cooking over a fire pit.
Of course, you can use them inside with regular baking and cooking needs too. These are also like other high-quality oven mitts in regard to the ease of movement and flexibility that is provided. You won’t have stiff fingers or struggle to grasp items when wearing these. The best features of these gloves are:
- Stretch capability means even those with larger hands can take advantage of these gloves.
- Durable design gives the consumer ease-of-use and longevity.
- These are multifunctional so they can be utilized well for multiple cooking methods.
Gulife EN407 Standard Oven Gloves
The design and style of these cooking gloves awards more room for cooks with big hands. Also, these can be worn on the right or left hand, so it doesn’t matter what your dominant hand is. The gloves provide protection for temperatures up to 662 degrees Fahrenheit.
These gloves are not water proof and you should not use or wear them near hot steam. The consumer can either hand wash or machine wash them without worrying about interfering with the shape or the integrity of the gloves.
Still, these do offer great thermal production and they are crafted from excellent materials as well. Consumers who purchase these will find that the non-slip silicone grip guarantees better grasping and less slippage when cooking.
- Crafted with aramid fiber that improves fire resistance and minimizes burn risk.
- Comfortable and larger interior size makes these viable for larger hand sizes.
- Perfect when cooking on the grill or the smoker.
- Hang rope design makes storage simple.
Note: Simple Green Moms is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Leave a Reply