This might be the most perfect pumpkin bread ever. It literally tastes like pumpkin pie…hence the name Pumpkin Pie Bread.
I’m not sure how the whole pumpkin craze started…but every fall it takes over. Everything. Pumpkin ice cream. Pumpkin spiced cappuccino. Pumpkin cookies, cakes, donuts, fritters, muffins. I think I even saw pumpkin pizza the other day. No joke.
And although I love myself a nice pumpkin coffee as much as the next person, sometimes I get pumpkin-ed out and just want the basics. Like pumpkin bread. (And definitely NOT pumpkin pizza!)
So this whole recipe is just that. The tried and true flavors of pumpkin pie baked into a healthy pan full of delicious, healthy pumpkin bread. I love making a loaf of this when company visits for quick and easy breakfasts. Also makes a great addition to the kids lunch boxes or as an after school snack. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups whole grain flour (we used Bob’s Mill)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup agave (honey and pure maple syrup work too!)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a bread pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, honey and vanilla.
- Add in the pumpkin and whisk until evenly combined.
- Add in all of the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.