We were going to call this a breakfast casserole, but the truth is, sausage + eggs + hashbrowns is really an anytime you want it kind of thing.
I made it for lunch then my family ate it for dinner. Breakfast works too, of course, but that would kind of be stating the obvious. I have been craving a savory breakfast casserole for quite some time now and this one did not disappoint.
Speaking of breakfast. There is something about farm fresh eggs that starts the day off just right. Pretty sure it has something to do with the combination of protein, healthy fats and rich creamy flavor. My Little Man’s eyes light up every morning when I come out of the kitchen with his breakfast plate. He squeals EGGS TIME and runs to our little breakfast nook. So stinking cute! He gets especially excited when he sees a breakfast casserole on his plate. That seems to happen just about every weekend these days.
We are so glad our kids LOVE breakfast time and really look forward to things like fresh out of the oven Sausage + Egg + Hashbrown Casseroles. We guarantee you are going to look forward to making this every weekend too!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 lb. shredded potatoes or hashbrowns
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage
- 9 eggs
- ¼ cup milk (or almond milk for paleo)
- 1 teaspoon Herbes of Provence
- salt + pepper to taste
- green onions (optional for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350(F) degrees and prepare an 8x8 pan (or skillet) with non-stick spray. Brown sausage until fully cooked then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk 6 eggs with milk and seasonings. Add shredded potatoes (or hashbrowns) and cooked sausage then stir until combined. Transfer to prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes then carefully remove foil and place remaining eggs on top. Increase oven to 425(F) degrees and bake (uncovered) for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes before serving.