Homemade Reeses cups
Making chocolates at home is a fun and delicious way to pass the day. Our recipe for homemade Reese’s cups are made with just two simple ingredients and you are sure to be impressed by how easily you can make your own chocolate treats!
Peanut Butter Cup Recipe
Chocolate and peanut butter are a classic combination that everyone loves. Who wouldn’t love creamy peanut butter surrounded by rich chocolate?! Now, you can make your own chocolate peanut butter cups using our extremely simple recipe. No need to buy excessive Reeses cups at the grocery store when you can make your own in under 15 minutes. A little secret- these are even better than the peanut butter cups you buy at the grocery store!
How to Make Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
Making your own homemade Reese s peanut butter cups only takes about 15 minutes and requires no cooking time at all. You also only need two ingredients– peanut butter and chocolate! Here is a quick look at how you can make these chocolate homemade peanut butter cups in just a few minutes time.
- Line a muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- Melt the chocolate chips and the peanut butter in a small sauce pan, stirring constantly. This should only take a few minutes of time so be careful not to cook too long or the chocolate may burn!
- Scoop the melted chocolate peanut butter mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Let the dark chocolate peanut butter cups cool either at room temperature or in the fridge until firm.
Could this recipe be any easier?! You can make our homemade peanut butter cups recipe faster than you could drive to the store to buy them! And, it is much more fun to make your own chocolate candy anyway.
Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
In addition to being easy to make and a great, satisfying culinary activity, our homemade peanut butter cups recipe is much healthier than anything you could buy in the grocery store. Here is why:
- There are no added preservatives or sugars in our recipe. You know exactly what ingredients go into the mix and never have to question what you are eating!
- Dark chocolate is quite healthy and is full of antioxidants that will fuel your body. Look for chocolate that has no added sugars at all to ensure you get the most benefits from your chocolate without extra, unnecessary carbs.
- Our recipe is lower in saturated fat and carbohydrates since we use pure, natural peanut butter in our recipe. Look for a natural peanut butter that is made with just peanuts (no added powdered sugar or corn syrup).
- Peanut butter has healthy fats, protein and a good amount of vitamin E, all things you need to keep your body functioning well!
The chocolate and peanut butter mixture that you pour into the mini muffin cups is comprised of simple and healthy ingredients. The best part- it is just as delicious as the chocolate, homemade Reese s peanut butter cups you love…maybe even better!
Two-Ingredient Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
One thing we really love about this recipe is that it only required two ingredients to make something completely delicious. Melted chocolate and peanut butter is all you need! However, you can add a few simple ingredients or switch up the two main ingredients to make our recipe new and exciting.
- Use almond butter in place of peanut butter
- Add a tablespoon or two of powdered sugar to the melted chocolate mixture to sweeten the homemade peanut butter cups
- Use milk chocolate chips or white chocolate to make a new kind of chocolate peanut butter cup
- Add a splash of vanilla extract to the melted chocolate to add another layer of rich flavor
- Add a few tablespoons of crushed graham crackers to make your peanut butter cups crunchy.
All of these variations to our recipe will give you great results and require no extra prep time or cooking time, they will still take just 15 minutes to make! Get creative with your homemade chocolate recipes and then let us know what you make. We love to hear about your favorite chocolate adventures!
Dairy Free Peanut Butter Cups
When you but Reese s peanut butter cups in the grocery store, you will have to read a long list of ingredients to see if they fit into your diet. Our amazing recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Sugar Free
- All natural
How amazing is that! These are really a great dessert for almost any diet. To be sure that our recipe checks all these boxes, just be sure to choose a peanut butter made with only peanuts and a dark chocolate that has no added sugars. You can also use a brand of chocolate chips such as Lily’s which is made using erythritol as a sweetener, giving you a sweeter chocolate without any added carbs or sugars. Who knew that you could find great chocolate Reese s peanut butter recipes that fit into your diet?! These peanut butter cups are simply incredible!
We know that once you try this recipe, you will never go back to buying chocolate Reese’s peanut butter cups ever again. If you are interested in more great recipes, sign up for our emails which will give you awesome recipes sent straight to your inbox. We focus on recipes that take just a little bit of time in the kitchen while still giving you incredible, flavorful results. We know you will love the recipes we have to offer and hope you enjoy these tasty chocolate peanut butter cups as well!Print
Two Ingredient Reeses Cups
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: Makes 12 1x
- Category: Vegan, Paleo
You’ll never need to buy peanut butter cups again after you make this recipe!
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life Brand for vegan + paleo)
- 1 cup creamy Peanut Butter (almond butter works too)
- Prepare a muffin tin with muffin liners
- Melt ingredients together in a small saucepan over low heat
- Stir continuously to be sure the chocolate does not burn
- Once melted together, evenly divide sauce into prepared muffin pan
- Place in freezer for at least an hour before serving
- Once you make these tasty chocolates and they have cooled and hardened, be sure to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will last for about a month when stored properly! You can also freeze the batch of chocolate peanut butter cups for about 3 months.
- You can cut back on the cooking time by melting the chocolate and peanut butter in the microwave. Place all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second increments, stirring after each heating.
- Sweeten the mixture with a teaspoon of honey, agave or maple syrup to make your dessert a little sweeter.
Andrew Boyce says
Very easy and simple recipe. I added 4 tablespoons of raw oraganic honey to satisfy my sweet tooth. My wife does not enjoy almond butter or dark chocolate, but she loved this recipe.