Grilled chicken salad
Sometimes, you just need a nice, healthy recipe and this easy grilled chicken salad recipe is definitely it. There is a lot of amazing ingredients blended together in this salad bowl and it is all topped with a fantastic honey mustard dressing that you are going to want to put on everything! Give this recipe a try as it is sure to be your new favorite, go-to salad.
Easy Grilled Chicken Salad
While a tasty chicken salad may be something you always want, you may not always have time to make a fresh salad. However, we know that you will have time for this recipe and we will even give you some great shortcuts to help put this recipe together faster.
Don’t worry though- just because this recipe is easy does not mean it is lacking flavor. In fact, it is full of incredible flavors and interesting salad ingredients that you will love. Grab your big salad bowl and get out your tongs to toss the salad together, you will be eating in just a few minutes!
How to Make Grilled Chicken Salad
We believe that it should never be hard to eat healthy. In fact, healthy eating should be easy and also delicious. That is the only way anyone will ever be able to stick to a balanced diet- it must taste good! Luckily our recipe is easy and tasty making it a total win. Take a look at these easy steps to make the grilled chicken salad and also a perfect yogurt based dressing.
- Toss the sliced grilled chicken breast, romaine lettuce, sliced cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, sliced red onion, sunflower seeds and crumbled bacon together in a large bowl.
- In a seperate, small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing until they are well combined.
- Pour the fresh dressing over the salad and toss to coat all the salad ingredients in the dressing. Enjoy immediately!
How easy is that!? It seriously only takes a few minutes to mix everything together and then you will be eating a crunchy, fresh, flavorful salad.
Make Ahead Salad Ideas
Even though this meal is quite simple and fast to put together, there are a few things you can do to make it even easier. Try a few of these make-ahead ideas that will ensure you have a quick, healthy salad anytime you’d like!
- Grill extra chicken breasts and then let them all cool before slicing or dicing. Store in airtight containers in the fridge for up one week or in the freezer for a month. You will have the chicken cooked and ready to enjoy anytime!
- Keep some homemade crumbled bacon on hand. You can also buy pre cooked, crumbled bacon in the grocery store which is perfect to add a nice salty crunch to almost any salad recipes with chicken.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing together and store in the fridge. Anytime you want this salad, you will already have the dressing ready! You can also divide the pre made dressing into individual portions, putting it straight into your meal prep bag for a fast and easy lunch on the go. (keep the salad in a separate container, un-dressed so that the lettuce doesn’t get soggy.). The salad dressing will stay fresh in the fridge for up to two weeks.
All of these prep ideas will help you make this meal even faster. Getting just a few ingredients put together when you have a few spare minutes in the kitchen can work wonders, saving you lots of time on busy days.
Our salad with chicken recipe is quite popular and our recipe is no exception- everyone seems to love it and we know why! We do get a lot of questions about this recipe and we are happy to answer them! Hopefully, these frequently asked questions will help you make the grilled chicken salad perfectly and clear up any questions you may have.
What sides go well with chicken salad?
Our grilled chicken salad is a perfect side for a simple sandwich or a soup however, it is definitely very filling on it’s own. Make this recipe and then grab an apple or banana and you are sure to be full afterward!
What can I fix with grilled chicken?
If you are grilling up some chicken breasts, this is the perfect meal to make with any extra grilled chicken that you may have. Also, if you already are turning on your grill, you may want to consider making chicken in addition to whatever you are cooking so that you have the grilled chicken ready for the grilled chicken salad recipe.
How many calories are in a Wendy’s grilled chicken salad?
A grilled chicken Ceasar salad from Wendy’s has 340 calories. When comparing this salad to our grilled chicken salad recipe, keep in mind that our is much heartier, containing many more ingredients than the salad you purchase at Wendy’s. In addition, it is much tastier, with fresh cherry tomatoes, perfectly cooked sliced chicken and an amazing homemade dressing that is very low in saturated fat.
How many calories is in a grilled chicken salad from Zaxby’s?
The chicken salad from Zaxby’s has 570 calories with 43% of those calories coming from fats.
If you are excited to make this dish (which we hope you are!), then sign up to receive more delicious recipes sent right to your inbox. Leave a reply, your email address and your name and you will be signed up for tasty meal ideas that will only take a few minutes of your time to cook.Print
You will love this healthy salad that is topped with an incredible homemade honey mustard dressing.
FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked or grilled and diced
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce (or mixed greens)
- 10 Cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup of crumbled pre-cooked bacon
- Optional: dried cranberries for sweetness
FOR HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING:
- ½ cup fat free plain Greek yogurt (or ½ cup Hellman’s mayonnaise)
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the salad ingredients into a large bowl
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl until well combined
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, serve and enjoy!
- If you want your salad dressing to last longer than the standard 1-2 weeks in the fridge, opt for the mayonnaise ingredient rather than yogurt which has a longer shelf life. Look for a mayo that is made from olive oil or is lower in calories to cut back on some added fats.
- Rather than grill chicken, you can definitely make this recipe using a shredded rotisserie chicken which will work perfectly and save you about 15 minutes of prep time in the kitchen!
- Cut back on prep time by purchasing romaine that is already chopped or buying chicken that has been pre-grilled.