Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Once you try these buffalo chicken wraps, you will never want buffalo chicken prepared any other way. These are perfect as a lunch, an appetizer or as part of a complete dinner- a true, versatile and delicious dish (and you will want to eat them all the time!).
Buffalo Chicken Wrap Recipe
When you think about a typical buffalo chicken wrap, you may automatically think of flour tortillas, wrapped around some shredded lettuce with just a little bit of chicken and cheese stuffed inside. This may be something you would get if you ordered a buffalo chicken wrap at a deli. However, we have reinvented the buffalo chicken wrap with this delicious recipe, giving it the upgrade that it deserves!
Our recipe has ditched the flour tortillas and shredded lettuce and instead uses egg roll wrappers to enclose the buffalo chicken, blue cheese and cheddar cheese filling. The wraps are lightly fried (saving calories when compared to deep frying!) in order to give the dish a nice crispy shell that add a whole new texture to a standard chicken wrap. Yes, you are definitely going to have to try this recipe to see how much better our recipe has made a basic buffalo chicken wrap.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Making buffalo chicken wraps is actually quite easy and in just 30 minutes time, you can transform 5 simple ingredients into something amazing. Here is a quick look at how to put these chicken rolls together and be enjoying a hot, tasty treat in just a few minutes.
- Cooked, shredded chicken is mixed together with 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce. Feel free to add a little more buffalo sauce if you want your dish a little more spicy or just more saucy. You may want to stick to a cup or less of sauce though to prevent the filling from being too liquid.
- Place the egg roll wrappers on a clean, flat work surface and then divide the filling between the wrappers.
- Add the blue cheese crumbles and the shredded cheese to each wrapper as well. Be very careful at this step not to overstuff the wrappers or the filling will leak out when cooked.
- Wrap and seal each chicken wrap and then set aside- the chicken wraps are ready to cook!
- Heat a large skillet with a little olive oil and then fry the wraps until golden brown on each side.
- Serve while hot!
Don’t these sound amazing? You can probably imagine the taste of the warm buffalo sauce, melted cheese and crunchy egg roll wrapper. It is just soooo delicious.
Chicken Wrap Ideas
Our recipe has already taken the classic chicken wrap to the next level, but we also have a few more ideas for you to make this dish even better. Here are a few things we have tried that we have found to work well and make an already amazing recipe even more extraordinary.
- Add some hot sauce to the shredded chicken mix. A hot sauce like Tabasco or sriracha works well to give these chicken wraps a little more heat.
- Serve the hot chicken wraps with a side of blue cheese dressing as a dip or extra sauce. There is already blue cheese in the chicken wraps so why not intensify this flavor?
- Use cooked chicken tenders to make the filling of the wraps, giving you a nice soft meat. Rotisserie chicken also works well and adds an extra layer of flavor to the rolls.
- Skip the cup shredded cheese and use all blue cheese for a more rich filling.
- Skip the blue cheese crumbles and add a teaspoon of ranch dressing to each wrap.
So many fantastic options that you can go with! You likely have a few ideas of your own that you want to try and feel free! Let us know if you come up with any amazing and innovative ideas for these yummy chicken wraps.
Make-Ahead Buffalo Chicken Wraps
One of the most amazing things about this recipe is that you can definitely make them ahead of time and with fantastic results. In fact, there are a few ways in which you can make the wraps ahead of time, starting and stopping at almost every step of the way with the same, tasty end result. Take a look at these options which can save you prep time on busy days while still providing you with a great meal.
- Combine the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, shredded cheese and blue cheese in a bowl. Cover and place in the fridge for up to two days, continuing on with the recipe anytime you are ready- the filling is marinating and ready for you to cook!
- Make the buffalo chicken wraps up to the step where the egg rolls are stuffed and sealed. Place the un cooked wraps in an airtight container and store in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for up to three months. Take the buffalo wraps out (thaw if needed) and cook anytime!
- Cook the recipe completely then let the chicken wraps cool. Wrap each one individually and place in the freezer for up to three months. Anytime you are ready to enjoy a quick snack, pull one wrap out and heat it for a few minutes in the toaster oven or microwave. Enjoy a nice hot wrap anytime you’d like!
Not only is this recipe perfect to make ahead, but the cooked wraps also are fantastic to bring to work or use in any meal prep bag that you may put together each week. Easy options are always the best!
Hopefully, you are excited about making these buffalo chicken wraps because we know that one bite and you will be hooked! So grab your bottle of buffalo sauce, get some cooked chicken ready and stock up on egg roll wrappers- a big batch of this recipe is in order. Enjoy!Print
Crispy and packed with tasty ingredients, these chicken wraps are easy to make and are totally irresistable.
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 lb. cooked shredded chicken (or about 4 chicken breasts)
- 6–8 ounces crumbled blue cheese (or feta cheese)
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Olive oil (for cooking)
- Mix the chicken and wing sauce in a small bowl until evenly coated (feel free to use more wing sauce if you want!)
- Add 2 tablespoons of the buffalo chicken evenly across egg roll wrapper.
- Crumble 1 tablespoon of blue cheese (or feta cheese) over the chicken but be careful not to over stuff the wrapper
- Add some cheddar cheese
- Carefully fold the corners up and the roll the wrap up
- Use water to moisten the edge and seal the wrapper shut
- Repeat steps 3 – 8 until you have filled all 12 wrappers
- In a skillet, add small amount of olive oil – heat med-low high
- Place in skillet about 1 minute each side until crispy
- Remove and serve immediately
- If you want to cut back on saturated fat, you can bake these buffalo chicken wraps rather than frying them in a pan. Drizzle about 1/4 cup olive oil over a foil lined sheet tray and then place the buffalo chicken wraps on the tray and roll them in the oil. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until golden browned. re still using olive oil, less saturated fat will be absorbed in the egg rolls.
- Ranch dressing is not only a great sauce to serve on the side, along with the dish, but it is also a perfect flavor match for the filling. Mix in about 1/4 cup of ranch dressing into the chicken filling for an extra boost of flavor. You may want to use 1/4 cup less of buffalo wing sauce to prevent the filling from being too watery.
- While you can opt to mix in hot sauce to the chicken filling, it is also great to drizzle over the top of the dish to add some spice. Hot sauce and also a side of ranch dressing will give people great options to add their wrap, giving the meal their own personal flair. Also, these make for great passed appetizers or to serve on a buffet table- put the hot wraps out with some ranch dressing, extra hot sauce, blue cheese dressing and maybe even a cup shredded cheese on the side for those who want even more cheesy taste!