Waffle biscuits taste sooo good smothered in homemade sausage gravy sauce. Especially when the recipe is super simple to make. Like this one!
This post is kind of ironic because today is actually national pancake day but we thought biscuits + gravy would be close enough. At least they belong in the same category. Or better yet, you can have pancakes for breakfast and biscuits + gravy for dinner. In fact, that sounds like a wonderful plan. We guarantee your family will not complain one bit about that one.
Hope you Enjoy! =)Print
Simple Biscuits + Sausage Gravy
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 servings, 2 biscuits each 1x
- Category: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Breakfast, lunch and even dinner- these biscuits and gravy are ideal for any meal!
- 1 (16 oz.) Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- 1 (9.6 ounce) packageJimmy Dean® Original Hearty Pork
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper powder (optional)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until browned. Gradually stir in milk and flour. Continue to stir and cook until mixture thickens.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for a few minutes. Add in seasonings and continue to stir.
- Preheat waffle iron to medium-high heat. Place 1 biscuit round into each section of your waffle iron and close gently. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Place 2 biscuits on a plate and top with sausage gravy. Serve immediately.
Special equipment: a waffle iron
Leave a Reply