Avocado Salad Dressing
Make your salad exciting, delicious and new just by using this avocado salad dressing recipe. It is fast to make and is quite versatile, pairing well with many kinds of salads.
Quick and Easy Avocado Salad Dressing
If you are a salad lover, you know how important it is to have a delicious salad dressing to pair with your meal. A salad is only as good as the dressing on top of it! If you are new to the world of salads, then you will soon discover how important it is to have an arsenal of dressing recipes ready to go. Eating the same dressing day after day can get boring but with this easy to make avocado salad dressing recipe, you will be able to make something exciting and new.
Our creamy avocado dressing recipe is packed with fresh flavors and only takes a few minutes to create. We have crafted the avocado dressing recipe to have the perfect balance of creaminess, fresh herb taste and to be slightly tangy thanks to the addition of lime juice. So, get out your blender or food processor, get a salad ready and be prepared to enjoy a delicious new creamy avocado dressing.
How to Make Avocado Salad Dressing
To make this incredible, creamy avocado dressing, all you need is a blender and a few minutes of time. It is probably one of the easiest recipes we have on our website! And isn’t an easy recipe, the best recipe?! Take a look:
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Puree until all the ingredients are smooth and fully blended. Try to blend until there are no large cilantro pieces, onion or garlic visible.
- Taste the dressing and add a little more ground black pepper or a quarter more teaspoon salt if needed.
- Pour the creamy avocado dressing directly over your salad or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for one day.
As you can see, blending the ingredients in this recipe is essentially all you need to do and you can do it in no time! It seems like a simple way to make something that will take your favorite salads to a whole new level with just a few minutes of your time.
Healthy Avocado Salad Dressing Recipe
Besides having an amazing flavor, and taking barely any time to whip up, it is essential that a salad dressing be healthy. After all, one of the main reasons to eat a salad is to ensure you are having a healthy, nutritionally beneficial meal! Luckily, avocado salad dressing recipes are quite healthy while also being creamy and delicious. Take a look at a few of the benefits that the ingredients in this recipe add:
Avocados– Avocados are full of vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, K, E, B-6 and folate and potassium. Avocado also has many beneficial fats (not saturated fat) like omega-3 fatty acids.
Greek Yogurt– Greek Yogurt has probiotics that help maintain gut health. It also has lots of vitamin b-12, potassium and protein.
Agave– Using agave is a wonderful, natural way to sweeten the dressing a tiny bit while maintaining a low glycemic index and also being high in antioxidants.
Lime Juice– Lime juice has been shown to help promote healthy skin, lower blood sugar and help with weight loss.
Almost every ingredient that is blended into this perfect creamy avocado dressing has some kind of benefit so you can feel good about every bite you take. You can even double up on the dressing to get some extra nutrients and taste!
Uses for Avocado Dressing
Our recipe for avocado dressing pairs well with so many different kinds of salads. Here are a few quick examples of how to use this recipe, just to get you thinking:
- Black bean and corn salad
- Mexican inspired salad
- Chopped vegetable salad (like romaine with tomatoes, ripe avocados and cucumbers)
- Simple tomato, avocado and basil salad
Pretty much any salads with avocado in the ingredient list will compliment this dressing perfectly. However, get creative! Put our creamy avocado dressing on all of your salads. The bright flavor profile is so good that it will make any salad you love come alive.
Salad Dressing With No Oil
Most salad dressing recipes are made using olive oil or another kind of oil. However, our recipe for avocado dressing does not require any oil at all. Since avocados are loaded with beneficial fats, they add enough fat to the avocado dressing already so extra olive oil is not needed.
Olive oil and other oils are sometimes used to make the dressing recipes thinner, enabling it to coat the salad better. Yet the greek yogurt, lime juice and ripe avocado make our dressing smooth enough that extra oil is not needed.
If you blend the dressing in your food processor and find that it is too thick, you can add a tablespoon or two of olive oil to thin it out and make it the consistency you’d like. A little liquid coconut oil would also do the trick and add a nice subtle tropical flavor. You can also add a little more lime juice or lemon juice to make the dressing thinner. So many options!
As you can see, making our salad dressing recipe with avocado is an amazing way to get a versatile, tasty, creamy and healthy dressing that will get you excited to eat salad. All you need is about 5 minutes total time to put this dressing together and start eating! If you love avocados, you are definitely going to love this recipe.
If you found this recipe to be exciting and amazing, let us know and leave a reply below! You can also sign up for our emails to get more tasty recipes delivered right to your inbox. While you are on our site, browse the other amazing recipes we have because you will certainly find more recipes that will get you excited for your next meal!
More Simple Avocado RecipesPrint
Quick and Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Vegan
This dressing works well on so many things- from grain bowls to fresh green salads!
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 green onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or 1/2 lime)
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh cilantro (handful)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend well. Refrigerate overnight or serve immediately. Keeps for about 5 days in the fridge.
- The serving size for this recipe is about 2 tablespoons of dressing. Keep this in mind when you pour the avocado dressing over your salad as using more or less will change the calorie count and nutritional facts we have provided! Also, using a bigger or smaller avocado can all affect how much dressing one recipe makes and therefore change the serving size and nutritional content as well! But don’t worry, the dressing is quite healthy no matter what!
- If you do not have fresh lime juice, you can use lemon juice in its place. You can also add some lime zest to the dressing to increase the tangy lime taste.
- Add a half of a green bell pepper to the dressing recipe to make the avocado dressing a little spicier and more flavorful. Stick to green bell pepper in order to keep the nice green color of the dressing. Increasing the ground black pepper will also give the dressing a nice easy kick without requiring any more time or additional ingredients.
- If you are wondering can I freeze avocado dressing, the answer is no. Avocado does not freeze well and turns brown almost instantly when placed in the freezer. This avocado dressing only keeps for about a day in the refrigerator. However, it is so easy to make, that you can quickly whip up a fresh batch of avocado dressing almost daily! Keep our blender or food processor on your counter, ready to use, and you can quickly make this recipe anytime you are craving its delicious taste.
- Choose an avocado that is nice and ripe. When you squeeze an avocado, it should give slightly when it is ripe. If the avocado feels very firm, it may need a few more days before it is ripe. If the avocado feels very soft, giving completely when you squeeze it, it is likely past its prime. If you plan on making this avocado dressing often, buy avocados in varying stages of ripeness (get a few of the firmer ones as well!) as they will ripen in your home in no time, making them recipe ready!
Note: Simple Green Moms is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Leave a Reply