Turkey BLT Sandwich
If you love that turkey BLT sandwich you get at your local deli, why not learn how to make it at home! Our recipe is extremely easy and will give you a perfect, deli-style sandwich that we know you will love.
Turkey BLT Recipe
Sandwiches are a dietary staple. There are just so many different ways you can make a sandwich to make it perfectly suited to your tastes. If you are looking to upgrade your traditional, favorite BLT, give this turkey BLT a try.
With thin sliced, turkey meat added into the classic bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, you get more protein and more flavor! It only takes a few ingredients to make your perfect sandwich so ditch that expensive deli turkey blt sandwich and make your own. It will taste better, likely be much fresher and save you money!
How to Make a Turkey BLT
Making a perfect turkey BLT is likely one of the easiest recipes we have ever made. Take a look at these simple steps and you will see how quickly you can make your own BLT sandwich.
- Place your bread of choice on a plate.
- Layer a few pieces of thinly sliced, deli turkey on top of the bread. About 4-6 slices will make a good sized sandwich.
- Add any other toppings you would like- bacon, lettuce leaves and sliced tomato would be the classic choices!
- Close the sandwich with the last piece of bread and slice the entire sandwich in half with a large chef’s knife which will make a nice clean cut through the entire sandwich.
After you complete these steps, enjoy the sandwich immediately or wrap it in a piece of foil and take it to go. A turkey BLT sandwich makes a perfect lunch option for when you’re at work!
Topping Options for a BLT
One thing that people love about sandwiches is that they are easily customized, giving you the exact topping that you want. This BLT is definitely the kind of sandwich that you can top with almost anything. Switching the toppings will not only ensure that you love the sandwich but it also keeps this recipe fresh and exciting. You can make a whole new sandwich every day!
Here are a few toppings that go perfectly with the turkey bacon, lettuce and tomatoes sandwich:
- Tomato slices
- Lettuce leaves (romaine, iceberg or butter lettuce all work well)
- Crispy, cooked bacon
- Mayonnaise or flavored mayonnaise (herb mayonnaise works great!)
- Avocado slices
- Butter or a butter spread
- Onion slices
- Jalapeno slices
- Crisp, Turkey Bacon
So many choices and so many ways to make your sandwich even more delicious.
Choosing Deli Meat for Sandwiches
The deli meat that you choose for your sandwich will have a huge impact on the taste of the sandwich. To begin, always look for nitrate-free options which are much healthier, lower in sodium and have fewer additives.
I love roasted turkey which has a lot of flavor. Look for a honey-roasted turkey or a smoked turkey at your deli. You should always ask for the meat to be sliced as thinly as possible. When the turkey is sliced thin, it will literally melt in your mouth!
When at the deli counter, ask for samples of the turkey so you can try your options. You may find a new kind of turkey that you love in just a few minutes of time!
Bread for Turkey BLT Sandwich
Essentially, any kind of bread slices will be perfect in this recipe. You can also choose to use toasted bread or un- toasted – you decide! However, we opted to use a super healthy kind of bread called Ezekiel bread. Why is it so great?
- Ezekiel bread is made from sprouted grains and legumes which makes it incredibly rich in nutrients as well as very high in fiber.
- There are no added sugars or strange additive ingredients in this kind of bread.
- Since the grains have been sprouted, your body is able to absorb the nutrients from the grains much easier.
Once you try this bread, you will likely fall in love with it due to its nutritional content and pure delicious flavor. Grab a loaf and give it a try with this recipe. You can also spread some butter on a toasted slice, use it for your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or pretty much any other recipes you have that require bread.
Hopefully, you are excited to make this delicious roasted turkey blt sandwich recipe and are planning to make it for your next lunch. If you want even more delicious, easy recipes, browse our website and see what great new food you can find! We have hundreds of time saving recipes already and we add more all the time so keep checking in. You can also sign up for our email and get recipes sent right to your inbox. Good food is just a few clicks away!Print
An easy and healthy turkey sandwich that you will want to eat everyday
- 2 slices of whole grain bread (we used Ezekiel)
- 4–6 slices of nitrate-free deli meat (We like Applegate products)
- Toppings of choice: lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, mayo, etc.
- Place one slice of bread on a plate. Top with deli meat and toppings of choice. Place the other slice of bread on top then slice down the middle. Serve immediately or pack for later.
- If you choose to use tomato slices on your sandwich, layer the tomato between the turkey and lettuce (or other topping you are adding). Try to prevent the tomato from touching the bread or it will cause the sandwich to be soggy.
- Use turkey bacon to keep this recipe pork-free and a little bit healthier (especially when it comes to sodium content). Turkey bacon is quite delicious and will pair well with the slices of turkey that are already in this recipe.
- Grab some deli chicken slices rather than turkey. A chicken bacon sandwich can be just as delicious! You can make the recipe exactly the same, simply substitute the chicken for the turkey slices listed in the ingredients.
- Spread some herbed mayonnaise on each slice of bread and close the sandwich so the mayonnaise is inside. This is a great way to add more flavor to your blt without spending too much extra time in the kitchen.
- If you are wondering what cheese goes best with turkey, the answer is almost anything! More subtle, sliceable cheese are best so opt for a Munster, cheddar, provolone, gouda or even brie as your first choices. Don’t be afraid to experiment! Turkey is so mild that many cheese will pair well with it. In addition, bacon is great with just about any cheese as well. But pre sliced cheese if you want to save time putting this sandwich together (no knife needed!).