Oh man, this Oriental Chicken Salad is seriously delicious stuff! I mean, quick recipes that taste delicious are always BIG win in our book. But this dish is also so light, crisp and loaded with veggies. Best of all, it only takes about 10 minutes to whip up!
The whole thing comes together in 3 basic steps. Step 1: toss all of the salad ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Step 2: mix all of the vinaigrette ingredients together. Step 3. pour the dressing over the salad and mix everything together.
It is honestly that simple. Lunch and/or dinner is ready and everyone is happy!
Hope you Enjoy! =)Print
This salad is full of tasty ingredients like chicken, oranges and almonds and then topped with a yummy homemade dressing.
- For the salad:
- 1 (16oz) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- sea salt + black pepper (to taste)
- For the vinaigrette:
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup agave (or honey)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- squeeze of fresh orange juice (optional)
- Add all of the salad ingredients(except almonds) in a large bowl. Combine the vinaigrette ingredients then pour over salad ingredients. Mix everything until evenly combined.
- Top with sliced almonds and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for later.