Want some help to make sure you eat healthy all week long?? I know I always start out on Monday super motivated and ready to eat clean. Then life catches up to me and by Wednesday I’m not so motivated and crazy kid schedules or an unplanned dinner out throws me off track. Here are some ways I help reign myself (and my family) back in and make sure we are eating the best we can 7 days a week.
If eating healthy is important to you and/or your family, you simply need to move it up on your priority list so you can manage the other aspects of life without compromising your commitment to good health.
Here are a few simple tips to help you stay on track:
1. Food Prep: Spending just a little bit of time chopping fruits and veggies on the weekend will make the world of difference during the week! All of your produce will be ready for salads or stir fry or snacks throughout the week.
2. Roast vegetables: Make a big batch of roasted veggies so you have leftover to use for other lunches or dinners. Of course you could even have some leftovers veggies with avo toast for a perfectly balanced breakfast!
3. Pack Snacks: These brownie bites are the perfect pick-me-up for an afternoon snack! They are free of refined sugar and absolutely delicious. Not to mention they are highly portable for people on the go!
4. Plan for Leftovers: Always, always, always make enough dinner that you have leftovers for lunch the next day! Cook once. Eat twice. It is as simple as that.
5. Freeze + Blend: We LOVE smoothies! They make for super quick breakfasts and simple snacks. Toss in some greens, frozen banana, frozen berries, and liquids (coconut water, water, or almond milk are good choices) then blend!
6. Keep your kitchen stocked with clean eats: Shop for the essentials once a week, then make a couple of mini-trips for fresh produce if needed. Here are some of the items you can always find in our kitchens! Make sure to select food options that are healthy and can speed up your metabolism.
It takes a little bit of time and planning to eat healthy, but it is so worth the effort. We would love to hear any other tips or tricks you have! =)