Best cheeseball recipe
If you have been searching for the best cheeseball recipe, you just found it! Our cheeseball recipe is very easy to make and will be perfect for your next party- a party isn’t complete without a good cheeseball!
Party Cheese Ball
A cheeseball is one of the easiest and most flavorful appetizers that you can serve at a party. It is better than just putting out plain cheese and looks quite impressive on a buffet table. Don’t let looks deceive you though- this cheese ball may look fancy but it is super simple to make. Cheesy, herby and super filling, we know that this cheese ball recipe is going to be one that you love.
How to Make a Cheeseball
Making a cheeseball is one of the easiest party foods to make. It really only takes about 5 minutes of your time and you will have a perfect appetizer that will quickly become your favorite party treat. Here is how we put together our recipe:
- Mix together the cream cheese, softened, with all the other ingredients except the sliced almonds (Italian dressing mix, chopped pastrami, cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce and herbs of your choice).
- Roll the mix into a large ball using your hands.
- Roll the cheese ball in the sliced almonds (or chopped pecans), covering it completely to coat the outside with nuts.
- Place on a plate and serve cold with crackers.
Your party guests will love spreading the flavored cream cheese mix on their crackers and will definitely be begging you for this recipe. They will also love how little time it takes to make this recipe. Don’t be surprised when your cheeseball disappears quickly- it really is the best!
How Long Is a Homemade Cheese Ball Good For?
Cheeseballs can definitely be made ahead of time and are a perfect appetizer to prep in advance for your party. When stored properly, a cheese ball can last up to two weeks. Wrap your cheese ball tightly in plastic wrap and place in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, simply remove the plastic wrap and place the cheese ball on a plate with your favorite crackers. Cheese balls do taste best when cold so this recipe can go right from the fridge to the party table.
Can You Freeze a Cream Cheese Ball?
If you want to make this cheeseball recipe way ahead of time, you can choose to freeze it. Here are our tips for freezing a cheeseball:
- Wrap the cheeseball tightly in plastic wrap
- Place the wrapped cheeseball in a gallon sized, freezer safe zippered bag.
- Store the cheese ball in the freezer for up to a month.
- Take the cheeseball out of the freezer and place it in the fridge to thaw the day before you would like to enjoy it and it will be ready to serve the next day!
- Serve the cheeseball with crackers once thawed.
Having a cheeseball on hand in the freezer is a great idea in case guests pop by unexpectedly. You can just take out your pre made cheese ball and serve up an amazing, tasty dish! Our recipe is perfect to enjoy while conversing with friends- you will likely all talk about how this is the best cheeseball ever!
Delicious Cheese Ball Ingredients
We kept our cheese ball recipe nice and simple, using only a few choice ingredients. However, here are a few ideas of other ingredients you can use to make this cheese ball recipe even more fantastic and suited to the taste of those in your family.
- Add a teaspoon of garlic powder to the mix. Fresh minced garlic cloves also go well in the recipe. Roasted garlic is a wonderful option as well and will give you that delicious garlic taste in a sweeter way. Garlic powder salt will work well too!
- Use chopped pecans in place of sliced almonds. ou can also coat the outside of the cheese ball in a chopped nut mix, using almonds, chopped pecans and even some chopped hazelnuts.
- Skip the chopped pastrami and use crumbled bacon instead. Chopped or crumbled cooked bacon goes great in our cheese ball recipe.
- Use a different shredded cheese blend rather than cheddar cheese. Pick a cheese that your family loves or one that you have on hand.
There are lots of ways to add ingredients to our recipe and make it better. Of course, we think this is the best cheeseball out there just as the recipe is written! Let us know which changes you make and how you customized this recipe to fit your family- use our email address and tell us all about it!
Personal Sized Cheese Balls
One way that you can make this recipe even more spectacular is to roll the mix into small, individually sized cheese balls. You can serve each of your guests their own plate of their favorite crackers with a tasty cheese ball just for them! This is an easy way to make cheese balls seem even fancier and something your guests and family will love.
If you are interested in more awesome recipes to serve your family and friends, sign up for our email today. We will send awesome recipes straight to your email inbox. Time saving, delicious and family friendly recipes are what we are all about! We know you will find some new recipes that you love on our site- enjoy!Print
Perfect for your holiday gatherings!
- 2 8oz. packages of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 package of zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 16oz. packages Fisher’s sliced almonds (to coat)
- 2 2oz. packages Buddig beef pastrami (or fresh pastrami from deli) sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped green onions (optional) for extra taste.
- Ritz crackers (or veggies of choice)
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except the sliced almonds.
- With hands, roll everything into a large ball
- Take a dinner plate and spread sliced almonds on it
- Then roll cheeseball on it to cover completely
- Place on a serving plate with crackers and/or veggies
- Sprinkle with fresh cut-up parsley for extra flavor and decoration
- Can store overnight in the fridge for flavors to blend or serve immediately.
- Look for flavored cream cheese in your grocery store. Cream cheese that already has garlic powder, dill or even chopped pecans already mixed in will make for a great addition to cheese ball recipes. In addition, you can cut back on some of the other ingredients (use less spices and herbs if your cream cheese already has herbs mixed in).
- Our cheeseball goes great with just about any kind of crackers that you love. Serve the cheeseball with multiple kinds of crackers so that your guests can pick their favorites. The more crackers the better!
- While cheese balls are best served cold, you will want to let it soften slightly to make it easier to spread on your crackers. Let the cheese ball sit at room temperature for a few minutes of time before serving. You will love this recipe even more when it spreads smoothly across your crackers!