Easy refried bean dip
Our easy refried bean dip is delicious, hearty and is a wonderful dish to serve as an appetizer or even enjoy as a full meal. You can make this tasty dip with just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time.
Refried Bean Dip Recipe
Refried bean dip is one of those great foods that seems like something only found inside authentic Mexican restaurants. However, with our easy recipes, you can have refried bean dip anytime you’d like! All you need is two cans of beans, some vegetable broth and some spices and you can be eating delicious, restaurant worth dip in no time. Keep reading to find out exactly why this amazing retired bean dip should be the next recipe that you make.
How to Make Refried Bean Dip
Have you ever gone to your favorite restaurant and wondered how to make refried beans just like they serve you? Well, making refried bean dip is actually super easy. You will be shocked by how fast this dip comes together and also how few dishes it requires- just a small pot and a blender! Here is how we make this delicious dip:
- Add the olive oil, garlic, and onion to a small sauce pan and saute over medium heat for about 2 minutes to soften the onions.
- Add the remaining ingredients (black beans, pinto beans, and spices) to the pan and stir.
- Cook the bean dip over high heat for about 5 minutes of cook time to thicken.
- Pour the mix into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Serve while warm of let the dip cool and then enjoy.
It is amazing how fast you can make fresh, homemade refried bean dip that is even better than the bean dip served at any restaurant. You’ll never need to buy pre-made dip ever again!
What Do You Serve With Bean Dip?
Refried bean dip is actually a very versatile food. Of course you can serve it with some simple tortilla chips, just like you would get in a restaurant, however, you can do so much more with the mix using our recipe. Here are a few ideas for you to try:
- Serve with tortilla chips (the most classic option!)
- Scoop some inside tacos
- Spread the bean dip on a tortilla and then add burrito filling ingredients and wrap it up
- Serve the dip on top of loaded nacho chips, adding lots of shredded cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese and green onions to top it all off.
- Spread refried bean on a flour tortilla, sprinkle with some chopped green onions and shredded cheddar cheese then top with another flour tortilla. Microwave and enjoy a vegetarian quesadilla.
- Dollop some bean dip on top of enchiladas in a baking dish. Top with cheese and enchilada sauce and bake.
- Triple the amount of vegetable broth and then enjoy the refried bean dip recipe as a bean soup. Top with sour cream or cheese for an extra treat!
Refried bean dip is so much more than a basic, easy dip- it is a easy way to add a wonderful flavor to so many various dishes! Give all of these ideas a try and then leave a reply below to let us know what you think. We know you will love all the options for this dip recipe.
How Long Does Homemade Bean Dip Last?
When you purchase refried bean dip in the grocery store, that jar can last for months on the shelf. When you order bean dip in a restaurant, you likely eat it all before leaving the table. So how long does bean dip last when you make it yourself?
When stored well, in an airtight container, our easy refried bean mix can last up to one week in the fridge. After this, the bean dip may start to turn and taste more acidic than delicious. However, we don’t think you will have a problem eating it within a week- there is so many ways to use bean dip that it will disappear quickly!
Cheesy Bean Dip Recipe
While our original bean dip recipe does not contain any cheese (making it vegan friendly!), it is great as a cheesy bean dip as well. It only takes about one extra minute of time to transform this recipe into a cheese packed dish!
- Follow the recipe as written, pureeing the mix until smooth.
- Pour the dip into a large bowl.
- Stir in about 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the mix in the microwave for about 30 seconds to help the cheese melt faster.
- Enjoy while hot and gooey!
While we love cheddar cheese inside this recipe, you can also use pepper jack cheese to add a little spice. A Mexican cheese blend also works well. A little extra time, a little extra cheese and you have a whole new recipe!
We here at Simple Green Moms love delicious, easy recipes and this one definitely fits into that mold. We hope that you enjoy our easy dip just as much as we do! Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below and be sure to check out our other easy recipes. You only need a few ingredients and a great recipe to make fantastic foods for you and your family.Print
Skinny Refried Bean Dip
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Gluten Free + Vegetarian
This refried bean dip pairs perfectly with your favorite tortilla chip or made a wonderful spread on a tortilla or burrito.
- 1 (15oz) can organic pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15oz) can organic black beans, drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt / pepper (to taste)
- Heat olive oil + garlic + onion in a small sauce pan for 1 minute
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on high for several minutes
- Place mixture into a food processor or a blender until desired consistency
- Serve with chips or rice
- Spread the refried bean mix in a baking dish, sprinkle with shredded cheese (pepper jack or cheddar work great!) and then bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 10 minutes to melt the cheese. Top with some chopped green onions and enjoy with some chips!
- If you do not have cumin on hand, taco seasoning can work well in it’s place. Use 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning and eliminate the salt and pepper (taco seasoning often has salt and pepper already mixed in). You can find pre mixed taco seasoning with the other spices in the grocery store. It is also a good spice blend to have on hand- you can use taco seasoning for taco meat, salsa, guacamole and this recipe!
- Sprinkle some shredded pepper jack cheese over some tortilla chips and microwave for a few seconds to melt the cheese -it’s like making your own deluxe chips to go with this recipe!
Leave a Reply