We made this Sweet Mongolian Beef just for Y-O-U!
Now before you get too over the top excited, let me explain one thing. We definitely enjoyed and devoured every single bite of this recipe ourselves. But as we made it, we thought long and hard how to make this recipe as simple and delicious as possible for Y-O-U! Here are all of the things you are going to love about this recipe:
1. Get your Asian food fix without having to pick up the phone to order carry
2. Impress your friends and/or family with how fancy this looks
3. This is so yummy-in-yo-tummy even the pickiest of eaters will totally love it
And last but certainly not least…
4. The whole thing comes together in about 30 minutes flat!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 1 ½ pounds beef, cut into strips (we used flank steak)
- For Marinade:
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Juice from ½ fresh lime
- For Sauce:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cold water + 1 tablespoons corn starch
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Pour marinade into a zip-lock bag, add beef strips, seal and chill for at least 1 hour (or overnight).
- Combine sauce ingredients in a skillet over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Meanwhile, whisk corn starch and water in a small bowl until corn starch dissolves.
- Once sugar dissolves, bring sauce to a boil, reduce to medium-low heat and stir in corn starch-water mixture. Allow sauce to thicken slightly, then remove from heat.
- Cook beef strips in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 5-7 minutes. Reduce to medium heat and add up to ½ cup of sauce until beef is fully coated. Stir and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles with any additional toppings you prefer.