We make Smashed Avocado Toast all of the time. Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. And even sometimes as a snack. It is all fair game in our household. Avocado Toast is quick. Simple. Delicious. And bursting with nutrition. Plus the healthy fats from the avocado keep your full and energized for hours.
The recipe is posted below, but you can really use whatever toast + veggie combination you prefer. Doesn’t this just look super tasty?
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 2 slices Ezekiel bread
- 2 eggs (fried)
- 1 avocado
- ½ purple onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced peppers (any color works)
- 4 spears fresh asparagus (sliced in half)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ lime, juice
- sea salt + black pepper
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion, pepper, asparagus, and seasonings to skillet. Sauté vegetables for about 5 minutes. Add lime juice and sauté another minute or two.
- Toast bread then top with smashed avocado. Layer on the vegetables and fried egg then serve immediately.