Smashed Avocado Toast Recipe
We make Smashed Avocado Toast all of the time. Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. And even sometimes as a snack. It is all fair game in our household.
Avocado Toast is quick. Simple. Delicious. And bursting with nutrition. Plus the healthy fats from the avocado keep your full and energized for hours.
Be very careful when cutting avocados. Injuries when cutting avocados with sharp knives have been rising. See our quick guide to safely cutting avocados here.
The recipe is posted below, but you can really use whatever toast + veggie combination you prefer. Doesn’t this just look super tasty? It takes just 15 minutes of your time to make so this is a perfect healthy snack at at time of day!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
Avocado Health Benefits
We’re big fans of avocados because of the unique health benefits they offer. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- High in healthy fats (monounsaturated fatty acid which benefits heart health).
- Great source of potassium.
- Good source of fiber.
- Potential to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- The healthy fats in avocados help you absorb higher amounts of nutrients from other plant based foods your eating. That’s why pairing avocados with other veggies makes such a powerful combination.
- Great source of antioxidants.
More Simple Avocado Recipes
- 45 Avocado Recipes
- 21 Healthy Dinner Ideas for your Family
- Quick and Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Skinny Fried Egg Avocado Toast
- 2 slices Ezekiel bread
- 2 eggs (fried)
- 1 avocado
- ½ purple onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced peppers (any color works)
- 4 spears fresh asparagus (sliced in half)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ lime, juice
- sea salt + black pepper
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion, pepper, asparagus, and seasonings to skillet. Sauté vegetables for about 5 minutes. Add lime juice and sauté another minute or two.
- Toast bread then top with smashed avocado. Layer on the vegetables and fried egg then serve immediately.
Note: Simple Green Moms is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Yum