Avocado, Egg, and Toast
I didn’t think it was possible to love avocado any more than I already do. I always have at least 4 or 5 ready to eat in the kitchen, and they are an absolute staple for my kid’s lunches and dinners. I never realized that simply frying an egg and combining it with some smashed avocado and hearty toast would be so over the top delicious!!
The combination of flavor + texture is out of this world amazing! And the pictures are so pretty it looks like some a fancy breakfast that would take all morning to prepare but that is definitely not the case. This honestly takes about 5 minutes to prepare. It is perfect for breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. Or even as power-packed snack.
Be very careful when cutting avocados. Injuries when cutting avocados with sharp knives have been rising. See our quick guide to safely cutting avocados here.
Avocado on Toast Kitchen Tools
Even though this is a simple and easy recipe, you do need a few basic kitchen supplies:
Egg and Avocado Recipe Ingredients
When is an Avocado Ripe?
Avocados taste best when you give them time to ripen. So when does an Avocado ripen?
- After you buy the avocado, be sure to keep it at room temperature.
- A ripe avocado will be soft, but not too soft or squishy.
- When cutting avocados, make sure to use it right away! They don’t stay fresh for very long.
- If you want to speed up the ripening process, store your avocado at room temperature with an apple and store both in a bag.
More Simple Avocado Recipes
- 110 Healthy Family Recipe Ideas
- 21 Healthy Dinner Ideas for your Family
- Quick and Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Smashed Avocado Toast & Veggies
Start Your Own Food Blog!
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 2 eggs (fried sunny side up)
- 2 slices of bread (toasted)
- 1 small avocado
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- sea salt + black pepper
- parsley (optional for topping)
- Prepare toast and fried eggs to personal preference.
- Peel and mash avocado with the lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Spread avocado evenly on each slice of toast then top each with a fried eggs and additional seasonings you prefer. Serve immediately.
Hard to believe but that’s really all you need to make this!
Note: Simple Green Moms is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.Yum