My husband was in South Africa for the last two weeks and came home with the most amazing food combination ever: fried egg + avocado toast.
I was expecting him to come home with something a little more adventurous. Maybe something like a pet monkey. But one bite of this Avo Toast quickly changed my mind. The combination of flavor + texture is out of this world amazing! And the pictures are so pretty it looks like some a fancy breakfast that would take all morning to prepare but that is definitely not the case. This honestly takes about 5 minutes to prepare. It is perfect for breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. Or even as power-packed snack.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
- 2 eggs (fried sunny side up)
- 2 slices of bread (toasted)
- 1 small avocado
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- sea salt + black pepper
- parsley (optional for topping)
- Prepare toast and fried eggs to personal preference.
- Peel and mash avocado with the lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Spread avocado evenly on each slice of toast then top each with a fried eggs and additional seasonings you prefer. Serve immediately.
Tools you will need to make avocado toast with a fried egg:
Hard to believe but that’s really all you need to make this!Yum